• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,519 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,519

PreviousChapters Next
113. Surgery by Bakmah Genesis

***

Princess Celestia was always viewed as a calm and collected thinker. There were even stories told that she once sat straight faced and calmly through a meeting with a dragon that constantly reminded her that it wanted to rip her head off. She was a figure of collected manner.

It was obvious, then, why the hospital staff were worried about the franticly pacing alicorn goddess in their waiting room, strands of her rainbow pastel mane sticking up on end. She had bitten her lip hard enough during her waiting that a small trickle of blood was running down her lip. All the while, Luna sat slightly annoyed in one of the chairs located in the room.

"Sister, it's just a kidney transplant. She would have looked over the procedure ten times over before donating." said the midnight alicorn, eyeing her sister as she started to wear a rut in the marble floors of the hospital waiting room.

"Yes, but there are always mistakes, miscalculations, unsanitary equipment, sloppy surgeons..." Celestia was silenced as a crystal slipper was shoved in her mouth by an annoyed Luna.

"Tia, you did an health inspection of this hospital last week, twice. She. Is. Fine." said the goddess. Celestia stammered before trudging back to her seat next to Luna and sitting down. The younger sibling smiled before resuming in waiting patiently. For the next hour, Celestia found something equally annoying to pacing as she waited. Tapping her gold slippers together in nervousness. Luna could feel a vein throbbing in her temple as she slowly turned to her sister.

"Celestia, I would dearly love it if you stop doing that." Celestia seemed to ignore her as she stared off into space. Luna's eye twitched before she lashed out, slapping her sister on the back of the head. The other ponies in the waiting room gasped while the guard escorts stiffened.

"What was that for, Lulu?!" Shouted Celestia, massaging the back of her head. Luna snorted.

"You are acting like she has been sentenced to death for helping a small colt by giving him a kidney." said the younger sibling with a roll of her eyes. The worst that will happen is that she will be loopy for the next few hours. The doctors told you this, ten times. No quit worrying before I'm tempted to banish myself to the moon." Luna crossed her forelegs with a huff, staring at the wall across from her.

Finally, the doors to the waiting room opened, a slightly tired looking Twilight Sparkle being pushed out in a wheel chair. A pair off bandages could barely be seen behind her hospital gown.

Upon seeing the younger mare, Celestia jumped up and hugged the mare, causing the nurse pushing her to fall back by the sudden backward force.

"You're okay! Wait, are you sick, do you have an infection? Did they miss a cut, did they..." Celestia's ramblings were cut off by a pair of lavender lips.

"I'm fine, Tia." said Twilight as she relaxed back in her chair. "They did a perfect job and the colt will be fine. You didn't have to worry."

"But it's my job to worry about you." said Celestia softly, nuzzling the youngest alicorn. "If I didn't, I wouldn't be good wife, now would I."

"I think reigning it in on the babying factor would be fine, love." said Twilight with a giggle. She placed her hooves on the wheels and started for the door. "I'm free to go and have to stay in the wheel chair for a few days, but it should be fine. Now let's go, a bit hungry after that." Celestia smiled as she watched her wife wheel herself out of the hospital. The goddess shook her head before following.

PreviousChapters Next