• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,507 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,507

PreviousChapters Next
24. Brad/Flash by Celestias Paladin

***

FROM: Sergeant Flash Sentry, ERG-Gaea Guard SOCOM Detachment Arête
TO: Princess-Minor Twilight Sparkle

Madam,

Ever since I met you that day in the halls of the Crystal Palace I have watched you. I watched a beautiful mare take a leap into a world unknown to find your crown. I watched you do that without question. For three months we all waited for you to return, and we were all relieved when you did; none more so than Her Serene Majesty. During those three months I watched her pace and mutter to herself, while I was new to Iris at that time, I have heard stories as to how she acts, and it was very much out of character for her. When you returned the look she gave you was truly something else.

After your return and when I was assigned to your personel, I noticed more things as well. I saw how your face lit up whenever you received a letter from her, and how you smiled whenever she visited. I knew that the relationship shared between you and her was more than teacher and student. To what extent I could only guess.

Then came your date with Comet Streak, who I never liked and neither did everypony else. When I returned home that night I overheard Their Majesties talk about your date and Princess Celestia admitted something that I may have suspected; that she loves you. So, with a smile I went home, for all the time that I knew you, I've harbored a crush, but at that point I knew no matter what your heart belonged to somepony else. Those looks, those smiles, they were all for her and her alone.

I knew that you loved Celestia. Hell, I think that’s why most of us hated Comet, we all knew that your heart belong to another and he cannot compare to her.

Before you ask how I can know all this you must realize what my job is. I am not just your guard I am also a sentry, it is my job to observe my surroundings, which includes other ponies. It is my job and my talent.

After hearing Celestia's confession, the next morning I spoke to your friends hoping that they may have seen what I had seen. Needless to say, they all did, though they were hoping that you would confess sooner or later. In light of the Princess’ confession, your friend Rarity - in a very ladylike manner - said this: “Twilight Sparkle, you had better get your head out of your ass and confess to her. You two may have eternity to wait, but we don’t.” With as polite she tends to be, I do think she was about to drag you to Canterlot herself.

So that being said, your friends and I conspired. Enclosed you will find a first class ticket to Canterlot for the train. It leaves at 1500, sorry 3 o'clock, and will arrive at 6. You will be met at Concord Station by your sister-in-law and you will be having dinner with Celestia that evening. Do not waste this opportunity. Oh and don't worry about Spike, he will crash at my place after we have a Dudes’ Night Out.

Good luck, and May Concordia Watch Over You.

Yours Sincerely,
Flash Sentry

PS: I have two months’ pay riding on this with a bet I have with your brother. He thinks there is nothing between you and Celestia. So go and prove him wrong, and make your sister-in-law happy.

-------

A year has passed since he sent that letter and now Flash reads another letter, one that brings a smile to his face.

You are Hereby cordially invited to the Royal Wedding of:

Celestia Everfree & Twilight Sparkle

About damn time he thought to himself.

PreviousChapters Next