• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,508 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,508

PreviousChapters Next
91. *A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES* Valentine by Misago

***

It felt like it should be an easy thing to do, Celestia thought bitterly. She had prepared for this specific day.

Here she stood, Her Royal Majesty, The Dawnbringer, The Divine Light Incarnate, immortal ruler of Equestria for thousands of years, conqueror of ancient horrors. And yet she was afraid of a wooden door in the corridors of her own palace. It was not even a particularly impressive door. Just a simple one, without any decoration or special markings, like dozens of others around the building.

But what was behind this specific door was more terrifying to her than Discord, Sombra, Chrysalis, Nighmare Moon or any combination of the four could ever be.

A faint but ominous rustling sound could be heard inside.

Stepping closer, Celestia took a deep breath in a futile attempt to calm her rapidly beating heart. She knew she was as ready as she was ever going to be.

After reassuring herself that her left wing was still securely pressed to her side, Celestia firmly rapped on the door with her hoof three times.

For a while, nothing happened. Even the rustling inside had stopped, as if the dull thud of her knocking had scared it away.

But just as Celestia started turning away, the creaking behind her signaled the beginning of her greatest battle.

Because there, surrounded by dusty shelves and carefully arranged piles of old books, sat Twilight Sparkle, purple wings quivering in delight, with the most adorable delighted smile on her lips to greet her former mentor.

"Pr- Celestia! I didn't think anyone would find me here!"

Twilight carefully replaced the book floating in her telekinetic grasp, and moved to intercept with adorable intent.

"Thank you so much for telling me about this place! I found a signed first edition of "A Short History of Canterlot"!"

Not Minotaur nor Manticore had ever managed to slow Celestia down even for a second, unlike the bouncing gait Twilight exhibited only in a particularly happy mood. Like, for example, if someone told her about a collection of old books too rare and sensitive for the library.

Now the bouncing purple princess had come to a stop in front of Celestia, when she suddenly seemed to regain full awareness of the situation the moment her eyes met Celestia's. Instantly, her smile transformed from delighted to embarrassed, and she slowly lowered her gaze.

Only millennia of experience allowed Celestia to keep her heart from stopping at the sight of Twilight pawing the ground like a kitten.

"Ah- Don't worry, Twilight", she managed to get out, not entirely convinced she'd managed to keep her voice in line. "I do not want to interrupt you. I just wanted to return the book you suggested I should read in person." Why did her cheeks feel hot?

With that, she levitated the book in question out from under her wing and towards Twilight. The title read "Foreign Customs and their Meanings".

"I-I found it very interesting", Celestia continued, now definitely sure she was blushing. "And... I think, as the author suggests, there are some parallels to Equestrian customs. There was one in celebration of... romance. Similar to Hearts and Hooves Day, I mean."

Now it was Twilight's turn to blush. "Oh. Yes. I remember that one", she replied quietly.

It was now or never. Time for Celestia to unleash her cunning plan.

"If you want my opinion, I wrote a short piece connected with that particular event. I left it in as a bookmark."

Before Twilight could reply, Celestia's horn started to glow, and a white-hot shine swallowed her whole.

When the light disappeared, Twilight was alone with the book.


Five minutes later, a low-flying patrolling pegasus guard got knocked out by a rare Equestrian Purple Bouncing Princess. The blissful calm of unconsciousness meant that he never saw the red heart-shaped card in his attacker's grasp, upon which was written:

I love you.

Be my Valentine.

PreviousChapters Next