• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,494 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,494

PreviousChapters Next
463. Amaterasu by Donraj

***

Continuation from: By Any Other Name

“So, you were a sun goddess,” Twilight continued. “What was all that stuff about you have a...sacred...mirror…”

Twilight trailed off. Celestia smiled enigmatically. Twilight looked peeved.

“Oh you damn it,” Twilight said crossly. “I should have seen that one coming.”

Celestia chuckled. “Not exactly. Originally the mirror was a metaphor I used. They were relatively uncommon objects at the time and I used the way they only reflect things as they are as an analogy when I was preaching against some pre-Classical nonsense that had started creeping in among my followers.”

Twilight cocked an eyebrow. “Preaching?” she said. The term brought to mind minotaurs and other bovine clergy, not Celestia.

Celestia’s face showed the barest trace of a blush. “It’s the most fitting term. I can’t say I was arguing with them because you can’t argue with people who worship you without lowering yourself to their level. And as bad as that sounds now, I needed them to see me as above everything to get them to accept the things I was teaching them.”

Twilight took that in. “I guess that makes sense. So the mirrors to the other worlds?”

“I suspect Starswirl was having a private joke when he used that design, but honestly I don’t know,” Celestia said.

Twilight pondered that. Celestia changed the subject.

“So how is Sunset Shimmer doing?”

Twilight perked up at the mention of her friend. “She’s doing great. Last time I visited we spent the night at Monkey Rainbow Dash’s house. Those people have some really amazing video games. There was this one called Okami that was about…”

Twilight trailed off. “Oh your sister damn it.”

PreviousChapters Next