• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,507 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,507

PreviousChapters Next
78. Sleep by Silver Scrolls

***

Twilight rolled over, snuggling deeper into the warmth that enveloped her. She had bought a new comforter recently and it was the warmest thing she had ever owned. It was soft and supple, it caressed her body and warmed her like a lovers hug. It was light and put almost no pressure on her body keeping it from being stifling. The comforter was white like a certain mare she had dreamed of many a lonely night and every morning she hung it out to absorb the sunlight and the smells of springs.

Digging her muzzle in a little deeper she took a deep breath and relished in the smell of spring that wafted from her blanket. Her hazy mind played the shifting of the blanket as she stirred as the wing of her dream mare. She imagined herself wrapped in the loving embrace, held tight and secure against her side, slowing waking from her sleep to a good morning kiss on the top of her head. Twilight rolled over in her sleep with a smile as she imagined herself being held again in those white hooves in greeting, something she missed since moving to ponyville.

Pulling her legs close she buried herself completely in the warmth and felt the silken material wash over her muzzle causing her to almost sneeze but she held it in and slowly the comforting embrace of sleep began to consume her again. Her mind quickly bringing up dreams of white fields of roses and security in them. She drifted off with a large smile and missed the blanket lifting slightly allowing a white muzzle to look underneath with a smile.

“Sleep tight my little Sparkle. It’s wonderful to have you home again.” Leaning in closer Celestia gave Twilight a quick kiss on her forehead just below her horn. “Thank you for coming to see me for mother’s day, it means the world to me.” Letting her wing fall back down Celestia curled around the sleeping purple unicorn and drifted aff to sleep, dreams of the days they had shared while her adopted daughter grew up playing in her mind.

PreviousChapters Next