• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,515 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,515

PreviousChapters Next
473. Panda by Donraj

***

Princess Celestia stared at the panda in the human zoo. It munched on a leafy green growth. Slowly.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” she said finally. Her former student grimaced. The zoo was past closing time and the rest of the hairless apes had filtered away from the exhibit already. Monkey Fluttershy had been nice enough to promise them an extra hour alone when she’d made the request.

“Yeah…” she said. “I tried to warn you.”

Celestia tried saying something in a language Twilight didn’t recognize. The panda didn’t respond. Celestia tried twice more, still not wanting to believe it couldn’t understand her. The panda took another bite.

Celestia’s shoulders slumped. Twilight patted her on the back.

“I know Twilight. But I was hoping that there had been some sort of misunderstanding, that they were putting on an act, something! The pandas I knew all those centuries ago were some the wisest, kindest and most insightful beings I have ever met. They had this gentle humor about them that…”

She sighed again. “I never really forgave myself for not being able to save them.”

Twilight hugged her. They watched the pandas in silence as the weird, slightly poisonous sun above turned red and dipped toward the horizon.

“You said that they’re dying out here too?” Celestia said after a while.

“They were,” Twilight said sadly. “Fluttershy said they’ve started to turn that around, but there still aren’t many of them, even in captivity. And they’re having difficulty keeping the population stable, much less growing.”

“Why?” Celestia asked. “Is there some sort of disease? Is someone trying to kill them.”

“Welll,” Twilight said, drawing out the word. “Apparently they have some, uhm, issues reproducing. See, a lot of them were born and raised in zoos like this and they…” she blushed. “Don’t seem motivated to mate, and even when they try they have trouble getting the mechanics right. Fluttershy said they’ve even started making recordings of what is basically panda porn to encourage them.”

Celestia was quiet for a long moment as she took that in. She looked around, noting that this part of the exhibit wasn’t visible from outside. Finally she turned to Twilight, smiled and started undoing the buttons on her shirt.

“Well then. Twilight, would you mind helping me do a favor for some old friends?” she asked.

Twilight grinned. “Would I?!”

PreviousChapters Next