• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,500 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,500

PreviousChapters Next
177. Baked Bads by Sankt Kaiser

***

Pristine brows furrowed together over bloodshot cherry pink eyes. Celestia's lips pursed together, sweat dripping down her cheek, as she stared down at her creation.

"It's almost complete," she said to herself, "Just one more finishing touch and..."

Her great horn lit up, shining a dazzling aurelian aura. An icing bag next to a forgotten bowl of half eaten batter sprang to life as the golden force enveloped it. It hovered over to the cake and began spelling the words Celestia had always dreamed of saying.

Pulling the bag away and taking a step back to admire at her masterpiece, the princess, covered head to toe with splotches of flour, icing and batter, smiled wearily.

The cake, lopsided and crude as it may be, was finally finished. The icing surrounding its entirety was uneven, smoothed on by an untrained hoof. It had jagged peaks where the rubber spatula was lifted away in haste and large hills where a new scoop was placed. Even the message appeared to be the handiwork of a silly foal in love. The cake was far from perfect and neither was Celestia. This was the message she wanted to convey.

A quick trip to the royal bath left Celestia whiter than freshly fallen snow. Drying her mane was an issue, but it was dealt with after much patience. The princess, eager to deliver her gift, teleported to the kitchen. As quickly as she came, Celestia left with the cake, seven plates and forks.

Blinding light washed over a small meadow in the far reaches of the royal gardens. The recipient laid there with her friends unaware of Celestia's presence.

"Hello Twilight Sparkle!" Celestia called out with a smile. She levitated the cake and utensils over to the ponies sitting together in an arc.

"I know you weren't expecting me, but nothing could keep me away from you tonight." Celestia's smile wavered as she glanced down at her present. "It isn't much, but I know how much you love homemade items. And yes, I made it myself!"

"Here let me cut the cake for you." She split the cake into seven slices and placed one on each plate. "No need to be shy."

Twilight didn't say a word regarding the heartfelt words being cut apart.

A tear slid down Celestia's cheek as the ponies stared in silence. She laid down in front of Twilight and whimpered pleadingly. No response. She kicked her slice away furiously, she was in no mood for cake. Tonight nothing would taste delicious, even the crisp mountain air she took in tasted like a baked bad.

Luna's moon was high in the sky drawing out the shadows signaling the need for her return. Celestia got up reluctantly, her knees shaking in exhaustion. She back peddled away and teleported herself home without another word. The tombstones watched on, their shadows looming over Twilight's birthday cake.

PreviousChapters Next