• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,508 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,508

PreviousChapters Next
375. Cadance by Uhoh

by Uhoh

***

Twilight Sparkle had very quickly come to rue the day she’d agree to Luna’s proposition. At the time Wine-Down Wind’s Day had sounded like a fun time for Equestria’s three ruling princesses, an opportunity to bond and relax. Luna had promised the usual gossip on castle intrigue, gourmet pastries, rich wines, and even slumber party style games.

The games were quickly becoming a stone in her hoof.

Determined to maintain even a shred of her dignity in front of the more senior princesses Twilight tipped her glass back and drained it dry before blurting her answer out as quickly as possible. “Cadance.”

For a moment there was blessed silence.

Luna and Celestia both seemed gobsmacked by the response, although in Luna’s case the incredulity was already being outpaced by delight.

Celestia on the other hoof…

“Cadance.” Celestia repeated in a state of numbed disbelief.

The young princess wondered if there was any place in the world able to accommodate the ridiculously deep grave she was digging for herself. Well aware of the hot blush that was no doubt permanently set on her features by now Twilight gulped and nodded weakly. “Yeah, Cadance.” She added unnecessarily; Celestia had obviously heard her well enough the first time.

Luna let out a loud and un-princess-like guffaw. “You have a crush on Cadance!” She crowed, laughing at a volume more suitable for a hoofball match than a princess’s bedchambers.

“Had!” Twilight was quick to add the qualifier. While she could still be socially-oblivious she wasn’t suicidal. “I had a crush on Cadance. It was a long, long time ago when I was just a filly. And anyways, all my research indicates that it’s a very common type of first crush.”

“So are crushes on teachers.” Celestia mumbled, not doing much at all to hide how disgruntled she was to find that she hadn’t been her wife’s first crush.

“It was before I’d ever met you!” Twilight sputtered in self-defense.

Celestia pointedly looked away, crossed her forelegs, and levitated her glass of wine to her lips.

Twilight cast a look at Luna, clearly looking for something by way of support.

Luna rolled her eyes her friend’s anxiety. With a glow of blue magic the assorted cheese cubes and grapes spelled out ‘SAY SOMETHING NICE’. Honestly, at times like these it was a wonder that Twilight had managed to woo and wed her sister. The alicorn of the night grabbed a couple of bottles of wine off the nearest low-slung coffee table and exited the room, fully intending on finding more entertaining company. No couples this time.

Once Twilight Sparkle was sure Luna had left she settled herself down on the mattress beside her sulking wife. “Cadance may have been my first crush but you were my first and remain my only love.”

There was a slight, almost imperceptible, tug on Celestia’s lips that meant she was trying not to smile. Twilight’s eyes narrowed at the sight. If her wife had actually been irritated it would be much harder to coax out a smile. Playing her hunch she added, “…and, for what it’s worth, I think you’re the prettiest princess in the whole world.” Twilight’s voice dripped with honey as she waggled her eyebrows to great effect.

Celestia couldn’t help but laugh at the abysmal attempt at flattery.

“You weren’t really upset at all, were you?” Twilight accused before collapsing into her lover’s side.

“Of course not. To be honest, Luna was getting the hang of the game entirely too quickly and I wanted to derail it before I ended up in the hot seat.” Celestia nuzzled the slightly smaller mare’s neck before smiling as a thought occurred to her. “You do realize that I will have to tell Cadance the moment we see her again, right?”

“I’ll plan a trip north as soon as I’ve finished arranging for Pinkie Pie to come to Canterlot and help Luna plan future party games.” Twilight said dryly, daring Celestia to call her bluff.

There was a long pause as Celestia considered all the possible outcomes of such an arrangement. “Yes, well. Upon further reflection I think things can stay between the three of us.”

PreviousChapters Next