• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,510 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,510

PreviousChapters Next
182. Hairball by Jonesly

***

Twilight woke up with the sun. It was still much colder then it should have been, but at least it rose on time. As she stirred, she cast her mind back to the conversation she'd had with Applejack the night before.

“What if you say yes?” Applejack had asked. The question had stunned Twilight into silence. “It seems to me, Sugarcube that you're working yourself into a tizzy for little reason. Rightly reminds me of Opalescence.”

“Op... Opalescence?” Twilight had asked timidly.

“Exactly. Y'all remember that one time during a pet picnic that little critter had a hairball? That cat was a coughing and a wheezin' and just carrying on like she was about to die. She even had Rarity a mite concerned about her. But in the end, she just horked up a hairball and moved on with her life.”

Twilight had chuckled weakly, “Horked? Really? I don't think the situations are really all that comparable Applejack.”

Applejack had smiled, “No, not really, but I got you to laugh. Just remember Twilight, your friends love you today, and we will love you tomorrow. No matter the size of the hairball you hork up.”

Back in the present Twilight swung her legs out of bed and stood up. “All right, lets get to horking.” Twilight walked down the stairs, lighting up her horn and sending out a tentative ping on a leyline that connected a small dragon's fire breath with an alicorn's horn. She trotted through Ponyville and entered the Whitetail Woods, heading for a clearing in a grove that she knew would be empty and private.

She had been waiting for about in hour in the grove. The peacefulness of her surroundings the only thing that kept her from panicking. Finally she received a reply ping. Instantly sending out another response ping, this time tinged with her location, Twilight settled back to wait. She didn't have to wait long, within ten minutes a bright white flash indicated the teleported arrival of Celestia.

Celestia took only a moment to gain her bearings. Standing there, she looked at Twilight sorrowfully. “I came, Twilight. I'm sorry that things turned out this way, but I could not miss this chance,” She choked up a little, “this chance to say goodbye.”

Twilight stared at her, her purple eyes intense.

“Celestia, I.. I didn't, well you know, I, um, didn't say no.” Twilight stuttered. “I guess what I mean is, umm, yes.”

"What was that, Twilight?” Celestia asked, a look of hope dawning on her face.

“I, um, Yes.” Twilight blushed, looking up at Celestia. “I want to marry you and be your wife, in this life and the...” She was interrupted abruptly by the soft, warm feel of lips on hers.

As their lips met, a pillar of light broke through the leafy canopy above and shone on them. As their kiss deepened, the light brightened until they finally had to part for breath, whereupon, the light vanished, a single sheet of paper fluttering down from above.

The paper, in purest white with golden letters read simply, “RSVP, Father and Mother of the Bride (Celestia Morningstar).”

Twilight stared blankly at the paper, “You have parents?”

Celestia arched her eyebrow at her fiance, “Honestly Twilight, didn't you ever wonder why we're only princesses?”

PreviousChapters Next