• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,513 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,513

PreviousChapters Next
33. Crossover by Fuzzyfurvert

***

“So just how many of these magic mirrors have you hidden all over the kingdom?” Twilight huffed and frowned up at Celestia as they pulled a dusty canvas cover off yet another full body mirror.

“Oh, you know, a few.”

“Really?” Twilight deadpanned.

Celestia shrugged. “It use to be a very popular enchantment. And you know better than most just how troublesome these mirrors can be when broken. Hiding them away where no pony would stumble into them was the best option until something else came along. Now, we are very lucky to have you and your disenchanting expertise.”

Twilight grumbled under her breath and looked at the newest nuisance to Equestrian security. Her own face glared back at her. “Well at least now we don’t have to actually invoke the mirrors to study the spell bindings. We can just look into them and see where they lead.”

“I said I was sorry about the one that took you to the elemental realm of tapioca pudding.”

“I know.” Twilight grimaced. “I’m still getting the smell out of my hair.”

She stepped back and her horn started to glow gently. “Stand back. Let’s see where this one goes.”

A tight beam of mauve arcane energies hit the mirror, making the whole construct glow brightly. Twilight’s reflection vanished into a white out as the gateway opened. The view took a few seconds to resolve itself. The mirror opened to an empty room without any furnishing and that seemingly made of silver or some other type of highly polished metal.

“Well, that’s boring.” Twilight glanced at Celestia, who shrugged again.

When Twilight turned back to the mirror, a metallic armature that ended in a rounded, bulbous head swung down from whatever passed for a ceiling in the chamber beyond and stopped just short of crossing over. The shiny surface of the head split a revealed a white quartz crystal-like orb that emitted a soft light. The amature turned as if regarding the two stunned alicorns standing close together in an musty storeroom.

A deep male voice reverberated from somewhere in the room, the orb pulsing with each word. “Neither of you two are Rainbow Dash.”

Twilight blinked. “Um…”

“You are Twilight Sparkle. And you, you are Princess Celestia.”

Twilight and Celestia nodded and moved even closer together as the machine spoke.

“Why are you here?” The armature tilted the orb as if thinking for a moment before the voice became higher pitched and manic and laughed and snorted in a most disturbing way. “HaHAheheHA! This crossover hasn’t been written by the Quantum-Author Entity yet! One of us is early!”

“I...have no idea what you’re talking about.” Twilight pressed up against Celestia’s side, leaning back from the flashing machine. “We’re just trying to close this mirror portal, honest!”

The voice returned to its deep reverb. “COMPLIANCE.” The armature pulled back and there was a rumble from inside before the portal suddenly went black with stars and galaxies in the great distance.

The portal slammed shut a second later and the mirror spiderwebbed as the magic left it. Twilight shook herself but made no effort to move away from Celestia. “What?”

Celestia shrugged.

PreviousChapters Next