• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,518 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,518

PreviousChapters Next
413. Colours by Fusion Fool the 3rd

***

From the safety of her chariot, Twilight stared at Manehatten in awe. It’s been ten years (and some change) since she’s been outside of the castle. The sight of the city breaming with so many lights, brought a wide grin to Twilight’s ever glowing face, which shined through her purple robes.

Celestia smiled as her excited lover gazed upon the shining city beneath them. “Twilight calm down, we’ll be there soon enough.”

Twilight turned with a sheepish smile. “I’m sorry, I... forgot how amazing Manehatten looked, it’s been a long time you know?”

“It certainly has, much has changed since our second honeymoon forty years ago,” Celestia cooed, beside her, Cadance giggled while Luna huffed in annoyance.

“Yeah, why haven’t we been back before my death?” Twilight asked, turning to face the alabaster alicorn, her fiery orbs burned with curiosity.

“I was forced to forbid you entry to the city after you accidently caused the great Manehatten Splaughter. So many ponies were drenched with paint, not a building was spared,” Celestia chuckled, recalling how Twilight wanted to make their honeymoon more memorable by making the scenery more beautiful. The events that lead to a civil war of colour was blurry but, Twilight was ultimately forced to face a ban from Manehatten.

Twilight flinched at the memory, cowering a little. “Is it okay for me to return though?”

“It was only a life ban, and you aren’t exactly alive so I must assume it’s fin-” Celestia was forced to stop when she began coughing, the rough sensation in her throat remained resolute.

“You’ve been coughing a lot lately, Auntie. Are you sure you’re okay?” Cadance asked, reaching her hoof out in the event she needed to help the older alicorn.

Celestia shook her head, still trying to clear her throat. “I’m fine, it’s gone now.”

Luna watched her sister nervously. “But for how long?”

“For now, I suppose,” Celestia groaned, glancing to see Twilight giving her a worried expression. “Don’t worry, Twilight. This little cold won’t interrupt our time together.”

“Are you sure? We can come back to Manehatten anytime after you are healthy again, I don’t have duties any more so I’m stuck to your schedule anyways,” Twilight reasoned, not wanting her lover to fall ill because of her.

“I am far sturdier than you give me credit for, Twilight. But I thank you for your concern,” Celestia said, nuzzling her skeletal companion.

The display melted Cadance’s heart. “Are you sure I can’t bring Shining Armor back? Auntie is happy and Twily is still adorable as a magical skelton. If I could-”

“No, that is final,” Luna snapped, frowning at her pink niece. “That magic is evil and I will not allow it to infect another.”

“Luna, while I agree it’s evil. I have yet to show signs of corruption, unless random coughing fits is what turned you into Nightmare Moon,” Celestia smirked, holding the robed skeleton with a hoof.

“Well, no that’s silly, but I still don’t like the idea of ponies, besides myself and Twilight, to be casting dark magic,” Luna stated with a huff.

“Why am I allowed to use dark magic and my mentor and foalsitter can’t?” Twilight asked, her purple eyes giving Luna a confused look.

“Your talent is magic, you are entitled to learn a little bit of dark magic. Celestia is the harbinger of the sun, thus… only light magic. Cadance is love, not evil! I am the Mare of the Moon, my domain is darkness and mystery! I do not dabble in light magic, thus Celestia should not dabble in dark magic,” Luna explained, still pouting.

“You forget, my dear sister,” Celestia added, with a smile. “That I had to rule Equestria alone for a thousand years, I had to learn much about the moon to control it. I am no stranger to dark magic.”

Luna began slapping Celestia’s sides. “You cad! Stop playing with my colour of magic!”

“So… can I resurrect Shiny?” Cadance asked, increasing hopeful of the prospect.

“No,” Celestia and Luna said in unison.

Cadance let out a whine, slumping in her seat. “Why not?”

“While myself and Luna do joke about it, it is still rather dangerous and always comes with consequences. Some are immediate, and others occur much later in life. You can never pred-” Celestia interrupted herself again when another coughing fit erupted in her throat.

“Are you sure we can go? You look like you need to go to bed, Princess,” Twilight uttered, nuzzling the larger alicorn.

“For the -hack- four thousand -cough- and eighteenth time, Twilight. -wheeze- Call me ‘Celestia’, we are equals now. And this will pas- cough-,” Celestia scolded between her harsh coughing.

“Perhaps the consequences are coming now,” Luna said coldly, giving her sister a sorrowful look.

“So necromancy will give you a cold?” Cadance questioned with a frown.

Luna let out an annoyed grunt, glaring at her niece as they touched down on the streets.

The buildings and the floor was coated with varying colours, ponies laughing as they attacked each other with water balloons, some had large paint brushes in their mouths, pegasi were making it rain different colours, unicorns levitating water guns. Twilight quickly erected a barrier to protect herself and the princesses for the sudden deluge of paint. “Celestia! What’s going on?”

“The Great Paint War has commenced it seemed,” Celestia giggled, glancing to see Twilight’s confused visage.

“The great paint war?” Twilight asked, surveying the battle before her.

“After our Honeymoon, the ponies enjoyed the civil war and decided to enact it every year, calling it the Great Paint War, where they battle using various paints and coloured water for an entire week. Indoors are safe zones but you can not attack from there,” Celestia explained, nudging Twilight forward. “Go on, have fun.”

Twilight was cautious at first, picking up a water balloon with her magic and throwing it at a nearby mare. The mare was splashed with blue ink, blinking for a moment before turning to Twilight and smirked, unloading her water pistol onto the skeletal mare, coating her cloak with bright green.

“Are you gonna let her paint your cloak?” Celestia teased, keeping herself from laughing.

If Twilight could, she’d puff her cheeks in a pout as she began levitating whatever weapon of mass colouring she could hold and began her one mare army march towards the city’s heart.


~dood~[/hr]

The battle waged on for hours, Twilight took up a vigil mere hooves away from a refilling station, her water guns floating around and spraying down whatever pony she sees. Her cloak, once a brilliant purple, now had every colour of the rainbow drenching it. She felt betrayed when the Princesses sided with the citizens, forcing her to retreat from the city square, if she lost access to her recharge station, she would be thoroughly soaked to the bone in paint and water.

She turned to see Luna and a small group of unicorns charging her flanks. Twilight had to teleport behind a wall to avoid the barrage, cursing the fact that Celestia had forbid the use of shields and barriers. Above Twilight was Cadance with a large raincloud, dripping with pink ink.

Twilight was forced to run, several more ponies appeared, firing paint at her. Darting through allies to avoid Luna’s troop and Cadance’s aerial assault, she soon found herself at a dead end. She turned to see Luna smirking at her, various painting aids raised while Cadance positioned the cloud directly above Twilight. “Any last words before we turn you into a walking painting?” Luna asked, a smug smile plastered on her face.

“Not today!” All eyes turned up to see Celestia diving down with her own array of paint, and a small platoon of ponies from the rooftops dropping water balloons from above. The Princess of the Sun quickly scooped Twilight up before the balloons hit Luna and her forces, painting them all orange, light blue, and purple.

Celestia landed on the roof, letting Twilight down. The two mares laughed hard. “This day was a blast, Celestia! Thank you for bringing me here!”

“The pleasure was all mine, my dear,” Celestia giggled, pulling Twilight into a hug. “I truly love -cough--cough-”

Celestia struggled to stand but ultimately collapsed, hacking her lungs out as Twilight watched over her in concern. “Celestia!” the skeletal pony cried out, holding her larger lover tight. “Luna! Cadance! I need help! Celestia’s getting worse!”

Celestia’s vision dimmed, her throat and head burned with pain, some red on her hooves which was strange as no pony used any red paint. The last thing she could register before fainting was Twilight explaining the situation to Luna and Cadance.

PreviousChapters Next