• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,508 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,508

PreviousChapters Next
17. Campfire by Lake

by Lake

***

Celestia never thought she would see Equestria like this again. She never thought she would get to see Equestria before it was ever even named Equestria. The moon was even brighter, there were less stars but they helped the moon illuminate the world below, where everything, including plants and animals, was wilder and bigger.

It was so dangerous, yet so beautiful. Just like love.

Parting her vision from the skies, she turned her attention to the source of warmth next to her. Celestia could only smile at how adorable Twilight Sparkle looked right now, leaning onto her. It was a cold night so they had decided to light up a small fire. Surely it was helpful to share some body warmth.

Though she had to hold back those strong urges to ‘attack’ her student.

She was a little surprised that Twilight herself had decided to make the move. This whole accidental time traveling had made them grow even closer. Now they had come to treat each other as friends and forget the titles, but even if the total destruction of her regalia helped things, Twilight was a very shy mare.

Now that she thought about it, Twilight had been acting pretty strange lately. And this worried her. Not just as a mentor, or a friend.

She had always denied these feelings, for various reasons. There was duty, society and many more, but there was something else that worried her. She knew Twilight was in love with her sister, but Luna already had her interest in somepony else…

Celestia could only think how hard it would be for Twilight to accept this… but it was also hard for her to overcome her own feelings.

Oh well. This isn't her first love anyway.

Still, she had to admit that Twilight made her feel… different.


It was agonizing. The only thing keeping Twilight from running away into the forest was knowing it was dark, dense and filled with dangerous creatures, especially giant mosquitoes.

The ancient Equestria was so chaotic, yet so fascinating… Just like that weird thing called love. At least that was the kind of comparison most romance novels made.

Her mind scolded her heart for making her body do such a bold thing! She was now leaning on Prin- Celestia’s soft and beautiful white coat and she didn’t know how to get out of this situation. No, she was enjoying it, but it was. So. Awkwardly. Silent.

Now that she thought about it, she had read many situations like this one in the romance novels at her library… So… what happened next?

Simple. The protagonist confessed their love.

But because it was a novel, everything turned out right and the couple lived happily ever after.

What about real life?

Twilight! You have to try!

No! Just- No! It’ll all be over! Celestia will be ashamed of you and will push you aside, just like what you saw that one time in the Crystal Empire!

Oh, come on! They are friends! Friends don’t abandon each other! Plus, she could feel the same things for you!

That’s just ridiculous! She’s a PRINCESS! A PRINCESS!

Twilight. She has no regalia, she’s covered in wounds, you’re ‘nesting in each other’s warmth’ in front of a campfire. You’re EQUALS! You won’t know if she feels the same or not unless you try!

Twilight Sparkle began to question her sanity. There were two voices in her head having a heated fight. Both of them had valid arguments, but Twilight didn’t know which to listen…

Her heart or her mind?

Oh, whatever. Her heart spoke.

“Um… Princess?” What was she doing?! Her mouth was speaking by itself and she couldn’t control what it was saying! “I… have something to say…”

“I know, Twilight.” It was all over. That disappointed expression on her face said everything “I… ah… I know you are in love with Luna…”

“What.” Thus, Twilight’s mind was blown.

“But, Twilight, you have to understand she already has—“

“Ah… ha, ha, hahaha…” Twilight stood up and started to slowly walk backwards into the dark, dense forest. “W-would you… excusemeforasecondthankyou!”

Without waiting for an answer, Twilight disappeared into the forest to get it all out.

“WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!”

PreviousChapters Next