• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,497 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,497

PreviousChapters Next
20. Cactus by Fuzzyfurvert

***

“Have you ever been so angry, you wanted to start swinging a levitated cactus at somepony?” Twilight huffed and closed the book in front of her with a thunderous clap.

Celestia raised an eyebrow at her student. “That is an odd question. Is something the matter, Twilight?”

Twilight reshelved the tome without getting up and yanked a larger book down from a higher perch in the Ri - Ro section. The old leather of the book’s binding creaked as she opened it to a point near the middle. Twilight scanned the page in single flick of her eyes and turned one page. Celestia smiled as she watched Twilight play through the motions. It was a stress reliever for her protegee and she’s seen it thousands of times before.

“It’s nothing. Really. I just… I just got mad earlier today. I was organizing the library and this - this STALLION - has the gall to show up and want to check out a few things!”

Celestia chuckled quietly. “Well, Twilight, it is a public library…”

“I know! I know.” Twilight paused and took a deep breath before letting it out slowly. “But I was obviously in the middle of reorganizing. I was simultaneously levitating ninety seven different objects and manually reshuffling them at the same time! He wanted me to drop everything - literally - and find the books he wanted!”

Celestia nodded understandingly. “I know how that feels: being interrupted in the midst of an important task by a pony whose needs seem so trivial at the time.”

Twilight nodded vigorously and flipped another page of the book in front of her without reading. “It was trivial! They weren't even good - let alone important - books, they were cheap novels made on cheap paper!”

Celestia chuckled and shook her head. She could imagine the look on Twilight’s face as she set about fulfilling the actual job description of her job at the Ponyville Golden Oaks Library. She rolled up the scroll she just finished.

“Three times.”

“What?” Twilight looked quizzically at Celestia as her rant was derailed.

“Three times that I can recall, I have been angry enough to attack somepony with a cactus. Only once was a cactus readily available, sadly.” Celestia bit her lower lip in thought. “The other two times I was so angry I could have started swinging a pine tree or utility pole, respectively.”

“I hope I never made you that angry.”

“Oh no.” Celestia grinned. “The only thing I’ve ever wanted to swing in your face is located around the corner from my cutie mark.”

“I - I...I...” Twilight sputtered, her cheeks a bright crimson.

PreviousChapters Next