• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,494 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,494

PreviousChapters Next
399. Sappy by Ultra1437

Author's Note:

Inspired by this image

***

Twilight worriedly wandered among the castle’s debris. As she came across piles of broken stone, wood, and metal, the tons of debris was easily and carefully lifted. She sifted through them for her target, and not finding her, absentmindedly set the debris back down in neat piles by material type. Tears threatened to fall from the corners of her eyes, but she trudged on anyways.

“Princess? Are you alright? Where are you?” she called out as she stepped into the ruins of a stone turret. The remainder of its walls were barely standing, crumbled otherwise into and around it.

A streak of red caught her eye, leaking from under a massive pile of stone blocks.

“Princess?!” Twilight yelled as she lifted the stone carefully. More and more blocks were lifted and deposited off to the side until she found a body. Twilight gasped as she took a step back. A pegasus guard lay, crushed under the debris. The body’s head was smashed, blood still leaking faintly from the neck and chest’s numerous cuts. Under her fur, she turned a pale shade of green and looked away.

To block the sight for others, she conjured a white blanket and rest it over the pegasus. Mentally, she marked the spot to return to with other ponies to help take care of the body.

Wingbeats sounded above her, and Twilight looked up. Princess Luna, a foreleg in a cast hovered above the turret’s ruins. She asked, “Is my sister alright, Twilight?”

Twilight shook her head. “I haven’t found her yet, Princess Luna. I’m still looking.”

Luna scowled, looking out over the ruined castle. “Then please, let me know as soon as you find her.”

“I will.” Twilight nodded, making her way back out of the ruined turret.

As she continued down a hallway, she noticed a vaguely pony-shaped hole in both walls. One was higher up in the wall; a hole leading to an upper corridor, and looked to lead almost the whole way straight from the throne room. The other showed out of the castle, down the side of the hill. A small trench at the bottom showed where the object, a reddish pink had ended up.

Red… pink?’ Twilight thought as she constructed a magnify-vision spell. The spell itself basically created a magic-telescope that the user controlled. She zoomed in on the object before gasping. All she could see was part of a wing, a very familiar wing.

Dropping the spell, she teleported down to it. “Princess Celestia?” She sent a pulse of magic to magically survey the ground around the wing. She sighed in relief as she saw the rest of Celestia attached to it, buried underground.

“Hold on, Princess. Help is here,” Twilight whispered as she carefully excavated the dirt from around Celestia. As she uncovered more of Celestia, the tears in her eyes started falling.

Celestia was covered in cuts, gashes, and scrapes. Her horn’s tip was broken, and she bled profusely from several cuts.

Twilight set Celestia on her back, and got to work on the worst two gashes, one on the side of Celestia’s neck and the other on her chest, pressing her forehooves against them to stem the bleeding. Despite the blood and dirt in her fur, Twilight thought Celestia still looked beautiful.

A cry brought Twilight from her thoughts. Celestia herself cried out and sputtered, dirt spewing from her mouth and nose.

“Princess? Princess Celestia?” Twilight asked softly.

Celestia’s eyes opened and she blew her nose hard. “Twilight?”

Magically flicking a piece of dirt that’d flown from Celestia’s nose off her, she replied, “I’m here, Princess.” Twilight lifted Celestia’s head and conjured a pillow under it. She gently laid Celestia’s head down. Celestia’s violet eyes shone in confusion, a rare sight to the younger mare.

“Is… is it over? What happened to Luna?” Celestia rasped, looking about the sky.

“Princess Luna is injured, but she will be fine.” Twilight looked to the sky and shot a blue firework, signalling for help. Celestia gasped every time Twilight would shift her weight to keep her pressure on the gashes.

“That’s good.” Celestia finally looked down to her student, her eyes widening considerably. She noticed Twilight, shaking, dutifully keeping an eye on the injuries, her own hooves soaked with Celestia’s blood. A bit of wetness kept hitting her barrel every couple seconds, and she found out why: Twilight was crying. The younger mare’s mane kept the elder from seeing it directly, but the shaking and wetness gave it away.

“Twilight, look at me. Please,” Celestia instructed, hoping to confirm her theory.

Twilight shook her head, a bit of wetness flinging off to the side. “Have to focus.”

“Twilight. Look at me,” she pleaded. A wing worked its way around to Twilight’s back, wrapping the unicorn in a tight hug. She looked up to see her sister and several other pegasi approaching.

“Twilight, it’s alright. Help is here.” She tightened her hug, forcing Twilight to lay against herself. Only then did she get to see the state Twilight was in. Her nose was snotty, tears streaked down her face openly and she was clearly exhausted. Twilight’s eyes refused to meet her own, but they did droop after a few seconds of inactivity.

Celestia looked down at the unicorn under her wing. Her heart leapt at the sheer dedication the unicorn held for her, feelings long dormant rising.

Twilight’s eyes closed, and after a few seconds, her body seemed to release the tension it held as she folded into Celestia’s embrace.

“Sister?” Luna’s wingbeats were audible now. “We are so grateful to–”

Celestia held up a hoof to her lips. “Shh, Luna. She’s exhausted and needs her rest.” She looked down to Twilight in her wing.

Luna awkwardly stumbled over on three legs and looked under Celestia’s wing, seeing Twilight fast asleep and nearly covered in Celestia’s blood. Luna leaned down and whispered into her sister’s ear, “I would rather we make noise and wake her now, than wait for her to rest to move you.”

“You’ve a stretcher, yes?” The elder sister got her answer as Luna nodded. “Then bring us as-is. I am loathe to leave her alone right now.” Her heart sank at the feelings Twilight would go through waking up alone in a hospital bed.

“Sister, I–”

“Will not do whatever you are thinking. I wish for Twilight to stay with me, and I will not take no for an answer,” her hoof stroked Twilight’s mane comfortingly. The little, sleeping mare cuddled deeper into Celestia’s embrace happily, a smile on her lips.

“I… very well, Celestia.” Luna’s wing motioned over to them, and a pair of unicorns levitated them onto a stretcher, then onto a commandeered chariot.

Before succumbing to exhaustion herself, Celestia looked at Twilight one last time, and smiled.

PreviousChapters Next