• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,508 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,508

PreviousChapters Next
240. Tiberius by Knight of Lycaeus

***

"If we leave now we could share dinner." suggested Celestia.

Her companion, lover, fellow Princess and alicorn just grunted as she continued walking down the aisles of artifacts.

Celestia sighed, "First night I've been not busy in a while and now I find you busy instead."

"Celestia please," Twilight began turning to face the trailing white alicorn, "this is one of my new duties. Well it became one when the librarians revived an old title and bestowed me Arch-Librarian, then the Archivists followed with Mistress of the Hidden Knowledge, which snowballed into many academic fields declaring me their patron. As part of that I should inspect the artifacts that arrive before sending them off to others, this is to ensure harmful magics have limited contact with ponies."

Celestia looked around, "I do agree with that however these are artifacts of the early Roanan Empire, the Pegasi who founded it had limited kno...."

"Celestia?" asked a concerned Twilight when she heard her love cut off mid-sentence.

Twilight walked over to find Celestia looking, no staring at a statue of a pair of Timberwolves wrestling at the base of a tree with an eagle holding a bolt of lightning perched at its apex.

"Celestia?" Twilight asked again.

Celestia blinked, "My apologies Twilight. I just never thought I would see this again."

"What was this?"

"A gift. I have loved many in my long life." Celestia sighed, "This statue of bronze was crafted and given to me by Thunderous Whitebolt, a Pegasus stallion and.... the first pony I ever fell in love with. This statue is of his mythical ancestors who founded the Whitebolt clan that would later begin the Roanan Empire."

"Who were they? Details of early Roanan Empire and its founders are hazy at best."

"Most of what remains is in the old Pegasopolis tongue and is passed down orally rather than written down. Many old clans pass the stories down through Tellers of Deeds, one pony each generation who remembers the stories and recites them much like Earth Pony tribes and their Weavers of Tales or Unicorn houses and their Keepers of Lore or Crystal Pony families and their Reciters of Stories. These two were Wild Bolt and White Predator who in legends fell from up high into the Tiber River. Raised in the wilds among Timberwolves and returned to their people in blood and guts of their foes and together they united the smaller feuding Pegasi families. Both had a wolf head cutie mark but one had a pair of lightning bolts crossed behind and the other a pair of eagle wings. When one perished the other chose to name their united Pegasi clan "Whitebolt" honouring them both. Their descendant Hurricane Whitebolt would also unite the Pegasi clans into the early Roanan Empire settling by the Tiber River while their later descendant Stormfront "Hurricane" Whitebolt led the later Imperium of Pegasopolis to peace with the other two tribes."

"So Thunderous Whitebolt gave you this?" Twilight asked her eyes wide at the short history she had been regaled by Celestia, "For what occasion?"

"The anniversary of the Unification. I was young during the waning years of the Three Tribes living as a Dawn Bringer in the Kingdom of Unicornia. I met a Pegasus soldier who I fell for in spite of tribal hatred and racism but we could not be together. Not until after the Windigo threat had been destroyed. So we celebrated the Unification as it marked the beginning of our formal courtship." Celestia slumped as she sat silent trying to hold back tears as she dredged up memories of her first love. Memories that even time couldn't make fade.

Twilight quickly hugged the silently crying pony, "Thank you for telling me this. For sating my curiosity even when you knew it would be difficult." Twilight nuzzled her deeply, "He is gone but never forgotten. That may not be enough but it still matters that even now a part of you still loves him." Twilight kissed her deeply, gently, "I'm not jealous that you still love him or that you still miss him but I'm here for you now. I'll be here for as long as we want to be. Things may change between us but never my love for you."

PreviousChapters Next