• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,507 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,507

PreviousChapters Next
401. Giant Robots by Knight of Lycaeus

***

Twilight looked at the thing in front of her. The giant panel of purple metal was imposing and dominated her current view and even when she tried to look up all she could see was more metal. She turned to Celestia next to her and asked, “Do you know this is?” placing a hoof on the cool metal. “Also do you know where Discord is?’

Celestia who had also been trying to determine what the tall metal thing was shook her head, “I have never seen something like this before. It looks almost like a golem, but far bigger. As for Discor-“

“Hello!” yelled Discord from on high.

“Discord what is this?” Twilight asked.

Discord descended down the pane f metal and both Alicorns could see he was wearing a colourful cape and mask. “Defence, oh Princesses.”

“Discord I do not see how this large chunk of metal is meant to be for defence unless this was meant to be a wall, a very large and distorted wall,” Celestia said wearily.

Discord snapped his talon and with a poof the Dracoequus and Alicorns landed on a cloud just below the top of the wall of metal.

“Robots, oh Princesses,” commented Discord was he waved a paw showing there was not one oversized golem, but six.

Twilight tried to stand up, but found the cloud difficult to stand up on and conceded to sitting. “Discord, what exactly is a robot?”

“I have to ask that as well because now that we are up here these all look like a distorted foal’s toy that was blown up to a larger than sane size,” commented Celestia who equally had difficulties standing up on the cloud.

Discord nodded as a sparkling top hat made its home between his horns, “Oh do sit down, I didn’t create a cloud of cake and cream just for you two to stand on it as these are far more comfortable to sit on. Anyway I figured after the Ursa Minor in Ponyville, a pair of Dragons, and later Tirek I thought we could use another line of defence. I’m not convinced the Guards would be much help against them.”

Discord leaned back as a lounge chair formed behind him, “There like golems only with electricity and machine not magic.”

Twilight glanced over towards the towering machines, “I’m not sure these things will work. Electricity isn’t that reliable for powering things especially not long-term. Besides those were isolated incidents, it’s like we’re invaded by giant things regularly!”

“I have to agree, I think your “robots” will create more damage than help.”

Discord shrugged and snapped his talons again and the three found themselves in a room of metal. “Oh do give them a spin,” as his magic directed Twilight to the controls.

Twilight sighed and cautiously reached out with her magic before Discord swatted her telekinesis, “Hooves not magic,” indicating to the glowing circle and went back to lounging in his cake and cream cloud.

Twilight shook her head and walked into the glowing circle. As she did she could feel the rest of the giant thing and as she tried to move forward the room jerked as well.

“Just a thought would do and careful these are sensitive.”

Twilight turned back to the lounging Discord, “Wouldn’t you giving the demonstration be better?”

Discord raised an eyebrow, “Of course not! Its far more entertaining watching you try.”

“Discord, I stand by my statement in that while this might be useful it is more of a safety hazard not to mention it would incite panic in the already skittish populace,” stated Celestia.

“Well Celestia we could have you try as well,” Discord said as he snapped his paw and Celestia went poof.

Twilight turned to look back at the smirking Dracoequus, “Where is she?”

“Oh over there,” Discord indicated to another parked robot, “with my other half of course. Do give it a try won’t you?”

Twilight sighed and slowly began to ease the robot forward.

“See it does work! Anyway look up,” he indicated to one of the higher screens. “There’s you the Dragon looking one in purple. The thing used to be red and then I painted it over. Besides I saved these from the scrap yard.”

Twilight turned back to Discord, “Scrap yard? You except us to use these things you took from a scrap yard? Do you know if these are even stable?”

Discord flicked a piece of popcorn kernel into his month, “Oh there fine. A team of teenagers with attitude used them to save the world a few times; they just got new ones after these ones broke. Figured I rebuild them and recolour them for you and your friends, the next big monster problem should be easy.”

The screen in front of Twilight blinked once and Celestia appeared in another metal room with a Discord in a shiny bodysuit lounging beside her.

“Discord, what is this thing?” Celestia asked pointing a hoof to the screen before her to the Discord beside her.

“Why, communication of course,” commented Discord.

“Anyway your marefriend is the white tiger over there,” indicated the Discord behind Twilight pointing to the white one. “I’m also repainting these for your friends like that lion over there.” He pointed to a black one that inch by inch was slowly turning yellow. Another snap and a screen appeared next to Celestia and Twilight which depicted an army of tiny Discords trying to cover the black with yellow.

“I think a demo is in order,” said the Discords in sync and with a sync snap a large snarling cat fashioned from potatoes appeared before them. “So go at it!” waved the Discords in sync before both of them disappeared.

Twilight facehoofed, “This is going to be a long day trying to explain the aftermath of this.”

In the other room Celestia nodded and sighed, “At least he’s trying to help hopefully this will not be like the last incident which involved a cart of fruit, a few bolts of silk, and a tiny bit coin.”

Twilight who was fiddling with the controls grumbled, “Don’t remind me, we’re still trying to clean up that mess.”

PreviousChapters Next