• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,499 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,499

PreviousChapters Next
203. Craigslist by Knight of Cerebus

***

"Fluttershy, this needs to come to an end."

"Twilight, please, I can explain."

"No!" Twilight stamped a hoof, advancing towards the trembling yellow mare with a harsh purpose in her tone. "I knew you were writing some...odd things about the me and the girls, but this is just too much! You're writing out stories where I'm part of a couple with Princess Celestia! Do you have any idea how awkward that is for me?"

"Well, Twilight, I..."

"It's on Flankbook, it's on Imgherd, it's on MLPchan, it's on Muzzlr, it's on Ponysquare, it's on Pontrest, it's on FlitterPonies, it's on Ewetube, it's on MyCorral! Heck, you made two fake accounts on Hay's List for us and started typing out fake conversations between us about how much we love each other and how hard we banged last night! That is not okay, Fluttershy!" A seething Twilight only calmed down when she realized she was approaching dangerous territory. It was a well known fact that there was a special circle in Pony Hell reserved for those who made Fluttershy cry, and her whimpers suggested Twilight was flirting with that line. Twilight sighed, then went over to Fluttershy's Magical Bookshelf to begin flipping through her open Leyline Web Pages.

"1618 subscribers?! Who are these people?"

"Umm...half of Ponyville...and...the six of us...and--"

"Six?"

"Spike too."

"...No."

"Umm...yes?"

"..."

"And, uh, the entire royal guard, and Cadance, and Discord and Tirek and Queen Chrysalis...and your mom and dad."

"............................................................"

"...I think that covers everyone you and Celestia have met together. Oh! A lot of Canterlot is there, too. Oh! And so is Tom."

It was at that point that Twilight took a long, solemn look at the magical tome that was in front of her. "...Are any of the stories on here actually any good?"

"Well...um, I think a lot of them are, but you should take them home and read them before you come to any conclusions." Fluttershy gave a smile, relieved to see Twilight was at last starting to reach a state of calm. Her outbursts were scary to a timid, quiet pegasus after all. Twilight gave a large sigh.

"Well, time to find out what I've been missing, I guess. Thanks for the, um, visit...?" Twilight walked slowly towards the door.

"Oh, you're welcome, Twilight. I just want you girls to be happy, you know."

Twilight turned back to give Fluttershy an expression somewhere between a smile and a grimace. "I know, Fluttershy. I know."

With that, Twilight exited Fluttershy's cottage, leaving a set of very shaken animals in her wake.

---/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\---

"Twilight?" Fluttershy gave a knock on her companion's door that rivaled a mouse's sneeze in decibel count. "Twilight, are you alright in there? Oh, I hope it's not because of my...hobby that you're staying in there. I promise, none of us wanted to make you upset when we wrote these stories! Well...Discord might have, but I gave him a very stern talking to." Fluttershy faced silence. The same silence that she had faced every time she had walked up to the library door percolated into the street it faced, washing over Fluttershy on its way.

Something inside Fluttershy hardened her resolve. Maybe it was the concern her friends were showing over Twilight's disappearance. Maybe it was that her fear she had hurt Twilight trumped her fear of Twilight taking offense to her breach of privacy. Maybe it was her deep and undying love for all of her friends coming into play. Maybe it was repressed maternal instincts. Whatever the case, Fluttershy knocked harder.

"Twilight? I'm coming inside, okay?"

Silence again. Fluttershy pushed the door open with a painful creak. The first thing she noticed was that all the blinds were down. Her narrow beam of light shot through the library, falling on a ruin of a mare curled up beside the reading table. Nachos, pizza, soft drinks, hayburger crumbs and Cheetos littered the floor, their wrappers or containers discarded just as haphazardly across the room. The pony they surrounded gave a low groan, blinking the crust of sleep from her eyes with the speed of a tree frog. Dull purple fur lay matted in clumps, topped with a bird's nest that may have once been a pony's mane at some point. Large bags sagged from under this tortured creature's eyes, and her clammy lips hung loose upon her face, opening at last to respond to the outside world.

"Ugggggh....Fluttershy?"

"Twilight? Twilight, what happened?"

"So...much...reading..."

"Twilight, we need to get you cleaned up. I'll run a bath. Please, please don't pass out or make more of a mess while I'm gone. Will you be okay on your own?"

"Spike upstairs...he can help...gotta see Tia."

Fluttershy stopped short. "Celestia?"

"Gotta see her. Stories were good. Need to try it." At this Twilight slumped forward, trying to get up from her desk feebly. "Need out ask to her." She slurred.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, Twilight." Fluttershy set herself to patting down her mane, soothing the exhausted pony while calming her at the same time. "But first, why don't we get you cleaned up? Maybe then we can talk more about this."

"Mmm'kay..." Twilight slowly turned, stalking toward the bathroom with the grace and vocalizations of a zombie missing a leg.

Once Twilight was out of sight, Fluttershy tore towards the tome of magic. She opened her ley line browser immediately, and wrote in magic quill on every media page that would allow it. "This just in, Twilestians: The purple owl has landed. I repeat. The purple owl has landed. Ready golden phoenix." Once she had finished her post on Hay's List, she closed the book and headed off to help Twilight with her bath, a happy tune on her lips. Today was going to be a good day.

PreviousChapters Next