• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,494 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,494

PreviousChapters Next
294. Squinting by Knight of Lycaeus

***

"Celestia?" Twilight called out looking for her wandering marefriend. This was not the first occurrence where Celestia would disappear for hours to somewhere in the Crystal Oaks. Twilight sighed, her new home was vast and she had yet to figure out where everything was which hindered her on finding Celestis. A bright flash of light from behind a nearby door caught her eye, she approached the door and slowly opened it. She found Celestia sitting in the room, her horn glowed with magic. Twilight made her way closer when Celestia noticed she wasn't alone.

"Hello Twilight" Celestia greeted giving Twilight a brief kiss, "Sorry for having to make you find me so many times."

"It's not too bad" Twilight said as she walked over to sit down next to Celestia. "It would be better if I could stop getting lost in here." Twilight looked at Celestia, "But I am curious as to why you've been disappearing. I've found you in the same room every time."

Celestia gave a small smile, "It's not much longer until sunset. You will have your answers then."

"Sunset? Something about the view from here?" Twilight asked as she quickly glanced around the room. The room was like others in the palace, pale blue walls of crystal. The room however was small, well small for the new palace, but it was still larger than most of the rooms had been back in the Golden Oaks Library. The view from the wide windows faced mostly open skies, on one end Twilight could faintly see Canterlot.

As Twilight finished looking around, Celestia's horn glowed golden as she began to set the sun. The light from the oncoming dusk spilled into the room. When the sun had set and the moon on its ascending path did Celestia speak.

"Look around the room Twilight"

Twilight who had been watching the sun set, turned to quickly glance around the room again. At first the room looked much the same, the only change was that the crystal walls had darkened slightly. As she looked however faint lines on the walls gradually came into view. Faint lines of blues, purples, and oranges, the colours of sunset filled the room. Her eyes slowly noticed the lines weren't random but formed shapes.

"Cutie marks?"

Celestia nodded, "Your's, your family's, your friend's."

Twilight looked around more slowly to have a better look at Celestia's surprise, "This looks amazing."

Celestia chuckled, "I will confess one reason it took so long is because I lack Luna's skill in the arts. All those hours was to ensure things turned out perfectly."

Celestia paused, "I chose this room for its almost unobstructed view of the sky. The colours of the designs will change at dawn and at dusk. However the other reason it took so long is because of the other thing I had been working on."

Twilight turned her attention back to Celestia, "Something else?"

Celestia nodded, "That part I was working on in Canterlot, or rather I had commissioned."

Celestia paused to hug Twilight firmly with one of her wings, "I realize how much you still miss your old home. I had felt something similar when I had to abandon the Everfree Castle. Change like that is never easy. I hope that you could create new memories here and so to help with that I want to restore your library. This room was to be your new personal library but I had to wait for the commission I had ordered to finish."

Celestia fell silent, she hoped the many hours of work was something Twilight would enjoy.

"Celestia, thank you." Twilight said as she gently kissed Celestia, "I will admit being here in this new home has been rough. I was.... devastated when Tirek destroyed my home. This was a wonderful surprise. Thank you Celestia." Twilight leaned in again to give her a deeper kiss.

PreviousChapters Next