• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,519 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,519

PreviousChapters Next
246. Aria by Jonesly

***

Celestia was enjoying her tea. It was a calm afternoon. There had been little pressing business for her to attend to on this day and she was basking in the rarity (the noun not the pony) of the event. Perhaps she'd have time to get to that new book she'd been wanting to read. It had been terribly difficult to avoid hearing spoilers from her sister, who gushed glowingly about it. Or was it the pony she was reading it with she gushed about? Hmm, either way, there was a lot of gushing to tune out.

Her bedroom door opened and she looked up. Entering her room was the only pony in all of Equestria who had a pass through her locks and wards. Twilight Sparkle came in and settled across from her and assumed an expectant look.

“So, you know how you don't sing very often? You've sung to me maybe eight times my whole life. I noticed that these songs, which are beautiful, seem to only come out of you when something important is about to happen.” Twilight said with a very serious look on her face.

Celestia raised an eyebrow, fairly certain she knew where this was going, but wanting confirmation.

“Would you say that you go for an Aria of Effect?” Twilight grinned broadly at her pun.

Celestia stared at her blankly. Twilight's smile slowly faded. Under the steady gaze of her fiance, Twilight grew more and more nervous. Flustered, she pulled a wing around and started fiddling with the feathers.

When Twilight's discomfiture had hit the peak of cuteness and just before it actually crossed over into complete despair, Celestia spoke, “It was a good attempt, but alas, you're trying too hard. Twilight, my dearest, you are not very well versed in puns, so maybe you should refrain. The key to success for all punners of note is their ability to stay composed while performing. As for the singing... I'm shy.”

Twilight's head was bowed with her ears pinned back, “Ouch, harsh, Tia. Maybe I can't pun to save my life, but at least I have the most beautiful teacher, she's easy on the eyes, but hard on the pupils.”

Celestia groaned. Twilight cheered.

PreviousChapters Next