• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,510 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,510

PreviousChapters Next
236. Hallowed by Knight of Lycaeus

***

"Presenting Her Royal Highness Princess Twilight, Princess of Magic and Friendship." proclaimed one of the Royal Heralds which signalled the beginning of Court. Through a mutual decision it was decided that to ease the transition and to allow the nobles and courtiers to become accustom to the newest Equestrian Princess she would hold court not in Ponyville but in Canterlot. The Crystal Oaks was fully capable of holding Court although some still objected to its creation, existence, or location.

"-er Bearer of the Ele-."

To most HRH Princess Twilight was seemingly serene, composed upon the Throne much like her mentor HRH Princess Celestia.

"Inheritor of the Renewed Rai-."

But Celestia could see her subtle discomfort as each title was listed off.

"-feater of Nightmare Moon, Saviour of H-."

Using subtle magic she linked herself mentally to the Princess on the Throne.

"-aler and Redeemer of the Chaos King Di-."

'Relax, Twilight.'

"-ane of Queen Chrysalis of the Chan-"

'Celestia? ....is this telepathy?', mentally speaking with hesitation of the unfamiliar.

"-rper of the Crystal Empire, Emperor Somb-"

Celestia gave a silent affirmation, 'It is, now just relax. You should feel proud of what you've accomplished.'

"-her and Banisher of Lord Tirek the Da-"

'How? I thought telepathy spells never worked out properly.', as Twilight's mind reeled over the contradiction.

"-ghter of Duke Orion Dusk Sparkle of House Sparkle and Duchess Velvet Emerald Starshine of House Sta-"

Celestia gave a silent signal to calm down, 'Alicorn secret. But relax please, the courtiers and Guards will notice sooner or later if you keep fidgeting.'

"-eiress to the Duchy o-"

'I never realized just how many titles ponies would bestow upon me. It's a little overwhelming.', her anxiousness present in her response.

"Countess o-"

Celestia remained as composed as ever, 'The first time you realize that, it is difficult. But it is how we ponies honour another. Even at times revere them through honourifics that elevates the pony in question.'

"-dy of the Solar, Lunar, Cryst-"

'You're right.' as she silently sighed.

"-us of Abjuration." finished the Royal Herald at last.

He stepped down and allowed the next to step up, the new mare began her words. "Also in resid-"

'Just remember to keep calm. I am here if you need me.', reassuring the newest Princess.

"-cess of the Day and the Sun." she finished. Now she pulled a new list ready to announce the first to the Throne.

'It's short!', mentally facehoofing and yelling as Twilight almost let both slip out.

Celestia's silent laugh could be felt through their link, 'I'm not currently the Princess in Residence, numerous titles being recited would do little. My titles are more numerous than I care to remember. The last time all of my titles were announced was long before the Solar Millennium and even then it took half a dozen heralds hours to recite everything. Now it would need days not merely hours.'

"-d of House Goldsh-" as the title recitation continued.

'Even when you're overwhelmed never forget the titles that matter most.', as Celestia tried to comfort Twilight despite the small but considerable physical distance.

'What do you mean?', her confusion still evident even over the link.

'You are Orion and Velvet's daughter. Shining Armour and Cadence's sister. Spike's family. Our friend. My love.'

The herald finished and allowed a golden unicorn to stand before the Throne.

'And most importantly, you are my wife.'

PreviousChapters Next