• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,507 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,507

PreviousChapters Next
417. Travellers by Knight of Lycaeus

***

My wife your idea has been wonderful, I haven't had a good chance to properly see the world and I'm glad that I can now. I admit I was surprised when on our anniversary; you gave me a gift to travel especially as you wouldn't be able to come along with me.

Not to say I couldn't travel alone! But what an adventure it would have been if we both could have spent the time travelling together. Sadly we needed at least one Princess to handle things at home and as our sister Luna is off meeting with the International Council which meant that on this trip I would be travelling alone. Or rather I wouldn't be travelling with you.

But I have seen some amazing things that I can't wait to share with you when I return home! Who knows, maybe some of these ideas and things I've seen could be used to help plan a vacation we take together.


I'm glad that you love the idea of travelling. I wasn't sure if my gift for our anniversary would go over well, but your letter convinces me that it was a good idea. I do wish I could have gone with you on this one, but I know when we work to plan our next joint vacation together you will have many more ideas of where we can go and see, and not just the usual suggestions that we always go for.

Not that those are bad or anything! It would be nice to see something different and I do remember having the chance to see so much when I went travelling. Although I feel that we both could see more if we both went incognito for our trip and I do admit I wish I had considered this idea of yours more before, but with no Guards or entourage, and certainly no pressure or obligation to join in a diplomatic event I think we can enjoy things more and at our own pace.

I know there's still quite some time before you come home, but I miss you and hope the rest of your trip goes well.


My trip so far has gone very well. I’ve even met some other travellers on the way which has proven to be quite something, many of them have advice about where the best places are to see, visit, or eat. Some of these places they suggested to me I did go to and some of them are certainly ones I know you'll enjoy.

It's not only their suggestions and advice, but their own tales of travel and adventure. There's so much of our world to see and I am sad that I didn't really take the time to really see. Oh, is the flame system we set up before my trip working properly? Some of the gifts I've sent back recently are quite large and bulky and even shrinking spells can only do so much.I wasn't sure if the limited flame I'm using was sending everything back properly.

By now I've crossed around about half of the globe and so my trip is halfway over, but even so there's still much more to see before I return home.


You don't need to worry; the gifts you sent back have been arriving back just fine. Your letters have been making it through the fire fine as well so I wouldn't doubt the spellwork. Although I think Spike is glad he wasn't dragged into being part of this spell. While I know we used to send letters and small gifts with his help, I am glad that we're not asking him to help this time especially with how large some of those gifts you've sent back are!

I think he’s never really forgiven either of us for the “Anniversary Incident”. Who could have thought that we would both want to surprise the other and asked Spike to be the courier? I did feel bad as we sent so many messages that he got confused of which one was going where! Hopefully the gems we gave him made up for that.

But I think with Spike's birthday coming up that maybe we should consider arranging him a trip to the Dragon lands and I think the time you've spent there while on your trip could be useful in finding places he might enjoy. Maybe this will help Spike understand more about Dragons beyond what he's already seen and maybe help convince him that not all Dragons are bad.


That's not a bad idea; I think he would enjoy taking the trip outside Equestria. But we should ask him when I get back, so we could see if there's anywhere else he would interested in seeing. Although we do still have some months to plan things out before his birthday, hopefully we can keep the whole trip a surprise for him.

I do remember that “Incident”. It was quite hectic at the time, but I do remember that anniversary fondly, it was nice that we both tried to surprise the other with something special. On the topic of couriers, I’ve had some ideas of how to make it work better especially with larger items and preferably without involving Spike. That’s something I’ll tell you about when I return home, some of the things I’ve seen in foreign lands have given some other ideas for so many other things.

Three-quarters of the way around world and I'm only just leaving Gryphon territory and stopping in Minotaur lands before heading home. It has been a long, but wonderful trip and I can't thank you enough for giving me the chance to travel and see the world. I'll be home soon and I can't wait to see you again.


I can't wait to see you either. The time really has flown since you left, but sometimes it seems to crawl. I'm not the only one who's looking forward to seeing you come home; I know Luna's eager to see you too. Life here has been fairly much the same as when you left, although the question of the missing Monarch continues on even after the public announcement of your vacation.

But I glad you've had good trip and that you've enjoyed it. It makes me look forward to when the two of us can make plans for our trip to travel the world together. But mostly I'm just glad that you'll be home. I'll see you soon.


A small Pegasus broke off from the crowd of outgoing and incoming travelers making their way through the Equestrian Customs. There was still some distance to the border town, but that didn't concern her. She flew up to a lone cloud and allowed her disguise to waver somewhat before quickly casting an invisibility spell. She pictured her home in her mind and with not a flash or sound she vanished.

At her destination she allowed her disguise to return and she walked into the throne chambers where the presiding Princess was. It was late afternoon and Court was nearly over. Thankfully the Guards and courtiers asked no questions and even more fortunate was that most of them were not even around.

Entering the empty throne room she said as she went up the busy Princess on the throne and without a sound launched herself at the seated Princess.

Twilight yelped when she was rudely interrupted from her work by something and she looked to see a white Pegasus whose form was wavering to the familiar form of her wife.

“Celestia, you’re home,” she cried as she hugged her wife back.

Celestia gave a broad smile, “A little early in the day, but let’s take the rest of the day off. I’ve missed you a lot while I was travelling.”

Twilight smirked at her wife’s suggestion and teleported them both from the throne room.

PreviousChapters Next