• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,512 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,512

PreviousChapters Next
251. Snuggly by Jonesly

***

“KRAKOOM!” thunder cracked outside the window. Lightning flashed and the storm raged on. A storm had rolled in beyond the control of the pegasi. It had started over the Everfree, so the only thing to do was wait it out.

Celestia heard her coming before she saw her. She nudged her wife in their bed, “Twilight, we have company.”

Twilight groggily raised her head just as she heard a soft, timid knock at their door. “Yes, come in.”

The door opened a little and a tiny head poked in. The small alicorn filly looked up at her mothers with huge eyes, “Mommies? I'm... I'm scared of the lightning, can I sleep with you?”

“Of course, Stardust. Lets get you all snuggly in this bed so you can get some rest. We'll keep you safe from every thing,” Twilight patted a place on the bed in between them. The tiny filly sprinted over to the bed, dragging a small stuffed purple dragon behind her and dove in between her mothers.

As she snuggled into her spot she asked, “Mommy Tia, can you sing me a song?”

“Yeah Mommy Tia, can you sing her a song?” Twilight's eyes glinted with mischief.

Celestia rolled her eyes, “Only for you two.”

“Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur,” Celestia crooned. “Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.'

Stardust sighed, her eyes closed and a faint smile on her face, “Mommy?”

“Yes, Dear?”

“Too short, longer song please.” at this, Stardust opened her eyes as wide as she could and gave a doleful, pleading look.

Celestia chuckled, “As you wish.” She cast her thoughts through her mind, trying to find a good song to sing to her daughter, then she smiled and started...

Little Child, be not afraid...

As Celestia finished the song she looked down upon her sleeping daughter with love brimming in her eyes. Twilight looked on both of them with her heart full as well.

Unseen in the corner of the room was a dark shape. Luna frowned at the scene before her. “I'm glad I found this dream,” she muttered, “I'll have to tell Tia to tell her about foals before they get married.” With a slight shimmer, Luna exited the dream and went looking for her sister.

PreviousChapters Next