• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,507 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,507

PreviousChapters Next
331. Overnight by Fuzzyfurvert

***

Spike rubbed his chin with a claw and squinted at his basket bed in contemplative silence. After a moment of intense thought, he moved it two inches to his left.

“Perfect.” He grinned and clapped his claws together before putting his fist on his hips and looking around the room. His room. His very own room. “Now that that’s settled, I think I’ll put the desk there, against that wall. And I’ll put the shelf for my comic over by that wall. That way I’ll have plenty of room for any other furniture Twilight gets for me. I mean...I suppose I should ask if she is going to get me any other than my bed now that I’m a big dragon with my very own room!”

Spike hopped in place until an idea struck him. “I wonder if asking for a chair would be too much?”

“Spike?” Twilight called from down the hallway. “Are you up here?”

“Huh?” Spike looked up and then back at his bed. Maybe it would be better to the right?

“Do you want to visit Sweet Apple Acres? I think AJ is doing a cookout tonight.”

Spike moved his bed two inches to the right. “Huh? Um...maybe later. I’m organizing my room.”

“Are you sure? I hear Rarity is going to be there. Early.”

“Yeah, it’s no problem Twilight, I’ll head over in a little while.”

“Are you sure? Pinkie is going to throw a little party and those party snacks go fast.”

Spike shook his head and moved the bed two inches to the left. “It’s ok, Twilight. I’m busy.” He frowned as he looked at it. It was just slightly off by a degree or two. He moved the foot of the bed a single inch to the right. “Now it’s perfect.”

He was about to move it slightly when he heard heavy hoofsteps approaching and Twilight entered the room. “Spike, don’t you want to get going? Pinkie Pie is throwing a party, Rarity will be there, Applejack is grilling out and the weather will be lovely.”

Spike turned and looked up at Twilight in hurt surprise. He was busy. This was his room! This was… Spike blinked. Twilight was glaring at him. She had her mane up in a bun. She was wearing those thick rimmed hipster glasses that she didn’t need and had on thigh-high socks.

“Oh. Ooooohh.” Spike swallowed. “I’ll pack an overnight bag.”

“Good dragon.”


**


Twilight whistled to herself as she bobbed and swayed in the huge new kitchens of her castle. The eggplant parmesan was ready right on time. She just had to cut it and serve it and light the candles. Well, that and wait on Celestia.

Twilight glanced out the window. The sun was almost below the horizon. Any moment now and her paramour would be off shift for another day. She stood there, transfixed as the last little sliver of the golden disk disappeared from view. She barely had time to turn around and lift dinner in her horngrip when there was a flash of light, a wave of heat and a change in pressure that signaled Celestia’s arrival in the castle’s private dining area.

Twilight turned and looked up at Celestia in surprise. She hadn’t gotten the candles lit. This was supposed to be a romantic dinner. She had planned… Twilight blinked. Celestia was looking at her hungrily. She had her mane pulled back in a ponytail. She wasn’t wearing her royal vestments and she had a large basket gripped in her teeth.

“But I cooked us dinner. You didn’t have to bring anything.”

Celestia dropped the basket. It hit the floor and rattled and then started to buzz faintly.

“Oh. Ooooohh.” Twilight swallowed shakily. “You brought an overnight bag.”

PreviousChapters Next