• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,514 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,514

PreviousChapters Next
36. Overprotective by Knight of Cerebus

***

"Luna." Celestia's eyes flashed, and the Lunar Reagent knew she had crossed a line well before the next words could escape her sister's mouth. The argument had descended into playful bickering, but Luna, desperate for ammunition, had breached heavily guarded enemy territory. "I appreciate that my teasing can breech your skin more easily than you would like, but drawing Twilight into this was beneath you."

"Yes, sister, I--"

"Twilight is a hero. She has saved Equestria a dozen times over, including ourselves, was the crucial catalyst behind your return to us, and was the first pony to reach out to you after that."

"I appreciate that, Tia, but--"

"Furthermore, she is an example to us all. Even in her darkest moments, she never fails to realize her mistakes, and does all she can to repent them regardless of context. She is a better mare than you or I in that regard, is she not?" Celestia was pacing by now, her gaze searching around the room for some innocent chair to vent her wrathful gaze upon. Luna's sympathy went out to the Ottomane she stopped on.

"Well, I suppose so, but--"

"Even ignoring that, her contributions to the arcane arts would make half the wizards who entered my tutelage blush. She has become a notable scholar with much depth to her thinking and wisdom behind her ideas."

"I would agree with some of that, but I only--"

"There is nothing wrong with her mane. It looks beautiful." Celestia finished with a grouchy stare.

"I said it was too flat." Luna's meek protest was met with another stare warning of impending doom to all who crossed it.

"She...could do more with it?"

"You said it was "a deflated skunk that died in a purple factory". It looks fine."

"There's no need to sulk."

"..."

"You could do more with it?" Luna's peace offering was met with reluctant contemplation.

"That would be entirely her decision. Perhaps we could do something with it together. Thank you for the suggestion, Luna."

Luna felt the tension in her chest unwind. "In the meantime. Apologize."

"Very well, sister, I am sorry that I--"

Celestia levitated out a quill and paper. "Not to me."

Luna grumbled.

PreviousChapters Next