• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,445 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,445

PreviousChapters Next
233. Meaniepants by Jonesly

***

Princess Celestia knocked softly on the door. “Twilight, are you in there?”

She stood listening at the the door, straining, she could just hear sniffles and a quiet little whimper.

“Little One, I am coming in.” She softly opened the door and stepped in.

The room was cluttered, writing utensils and paper covering most of the open spaces. Here and there were blank spots in roughly the size and shape of books. Celestia quickly looked around the room and found the missing books; piled on the bed in the shape of a haphazard wall of books. Taped to the outside was a sign. Curious, Celestia moved over and read, “Fort Knowledge; Boys Go AWAY!”

She smiled and lit off her horn. The book wall was enveloped in a soft golden glow. As she lifted away Fort Knowledge, she revealed the huddled form of a lavender unicorn filly. Twilight looked up with eyes grown red from crying.

“Twilight? What's wrong, my little pony?” Celestia sat down next to Twilight and extended a wing over her small form.

“Princess? Would you really send me away? I promise I'll be better, I'll be the best, I just don't want to leave.” Twilight's lower lip trembled as she gazed up at her princess.

“What? Why would I ever do that? Is there something that I am unaware of?” Celestia looked confused.

“I... I overheard something your nephew said. He said that I was your current charity project and just some dumb dirty commoner. He said there ought to be a law against you teaching the lower class. I... got curious so I went and found a book of laws. He's right! There's a law right there that says you can't teach me.” Twilight pointed her hoof at a book at the foot of the bed with tears dripping from her eyes.

Celestia silently lifted the book in question up to eye level. “Twilight, you are a very smart filly. However, in this case I think you still have something to learn. Did you read the title of this book, Rebrobated Laws Over the Ages?"

Twilight nodded slowly.

“And do you know what 'Reprobated' means?” Celestia asked.

Twilight slowly shook her head no.

“It mean, my Dear, that I rejected these laws. Strongly. In fact, I remember the law in question. When it was suggested, I took the lunkhead who suggested it and maybe, just maybe dropped him into a sculpture of liquid rainbow I had at the time.” She sighed, “A shame really, I did rather like that sculpture.”

Twilight looked up at her, a light igniting in her eyes. “So you're not going to send me away?”

It was Celestia's turn to shake her head no.

“But Blueblood said...” At this, Celestia interrupted Twilight.

“Twilight, I want to tell you something about my nephew.” She leaned in close to the filly, as if to impart a great secret. “My nephew is a big, dumb, spoiled, meaniepants.”

Twilight giggled at that. Celestia smiled back at her and pulled her in tighter to her flank with her wing. They sat like this for several minutes. Twilight started yawning, as her head nodded and she tumbled off to sleep at the side of her teacher, she mumbled, “Love you, Princess Tia”

Tia smiled back at her sleeping student, “And I you, Little One.”

PreviousChapters Next