• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,513 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,513

PreviousChapters Next
81. Familial by Jondor

***

If not for the tense feeling of dread hanging in the air, the scene in the throne room might have almost been comical.

All of the guards had been dismissed. Celestia had left her throne to meet her visitor, and was now stunned, sitting on her haunches in the middle of the room after what she had heard. Cadance stood facing her, her wings flared angrily and her eyes narrowed toward her elder and superior.

“Well, what is your intention toward Twilight?” Cadance asked again, breaking the silence in which Celestia had not answered her.

“I don’t understand. Cadance, I bear no ill will toward Twilight, or why would I choose to pursue a romantic relationship with her.” Celestia finally answered, her voice shaking slightly under the verbal onslaught.

“I would not have believed so, until you did begin courting her.” Cadance continued to stare down Celestia, her voice dangerously low. “Rather conveniently soon after she became your political equal. And I know how deeply you had your hoof in that business.”

“Cadance, please. I assure you that you have nothing to worry about. Twilight—”

“Nothing? Of course I have to worry about her. I foalsat her for years while she grew up, I married her brother, I love her like she’s my own sister.” Cadence’s stern manner began to deteriorate into pleading. “Just please, tell me you haven’t been grooming her for this. Look me in the eye and tell me you didn’t transform her into an alicorn just so that you could take a lover!”

Tears began to flow down Cadance’s muzzle, clouding her vision such that she missed Celestia standing up and moving closer. Instead, she felt Celestia’s warm presence close in and felt herself wrapped up in the older pony’s forelegs and pulled in close to her chest.

Celestia stroked her mane gently until her tears subsided. Cadance felt her chin being lifted to meet Celestia’s gaze; her eyes were warm and kind despite the harsh words that had been exchanged.

“Cadance, your concern for Twilight is very touching and noble,” Celestia said, looking her in the eye with an unwavering gaze. “I swear to you that I have only the best of intentions towards your sister-in-law. I helped her to become an alicorn because of the great potential she had, and still has.”

Celestia smiled down at the younger alicorn. “And besides, Twilight was the one who first came to me and confessed her desire to court me. So have no fear.”

Cadance smiled through a fresh cascade of tears.

PreviousChapters Next