• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,508 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,508

PreviousChapters Next
387. Promise by Treblemaker

***

Canterlot. The home of the Princesses. The city of golden splendor. Also one of the most unbearable places to live, due to the fact that the greedy and shallow nobles with false dreams of grandeur moved in. The Princess could hardly get a breath without signing some document or settling some petty squabble.

  Ponyville. Almost the exact opposite. Five years ago this town was considered to be a backwater village, until the Summer Sun Celebration that left quite the imprint on everypony’s mind. Gradually it grew to inhabit a place on the map, settling in at a well noted town when the new Alicorn arrived. This place was perfect for Celestia, she thought as the incarnation of the sun trotted down the street toward the rather abrasive crystalline palace that jutted against the skyline. No flashing paparazzi, no hoof-kissing nobles. Just friendly ponies going about their business, content merely to wave to the passing princess. It also helped that her former student, turned princess, resided here. This made it for an easy getaway for the monarch, to relax and spend some quality time with Twilight.

  Twilight. Just these past few months they grew so close together. The younger alicorn had already shown so much potential and power to rival herself. Celestia smiled and waved back at a rather enthusiastic Pinkie. It was good for Twilight to have someone so close that would understand her rather enthusiastic ramblings about the latest scientific breakthrough or something along that nature that struck the mare’s fancy. Celestia always found Twi’s rapturous curiosity cute. Heck, the goddess would go so far as to say that most of Twilight ended up cute one way or another. This was one of the reasons she was in Ponyville at the moment, she had promised Twilight that she’d come down for “science.” The purple Alicorn had such funny ways of naming and organizing things. In fact, their last experiment... The though made Celestia start to blush, and because lighter shades of red tend to pop out from white, she refrained herself from dwelling too long on such thoughts, she’d save those for sooner or later.

  It ended up being sooner. Lost in her thoughts, Celestia walked autonomously on, finding herself in front of Twilight’s castle. Grasping the knocker in a golden aura, she rapped a total of three times. No more, no less, that was Twilight’s policy. Celestia couldn’t remember the reason, it was long and full of data, but her lack of memory most likely wasn’t from forgetfulness, she still could remember the impish grin the smaller mare held, and the way her ears tended to perk up then fold down, then go back to up as she solved a math equation. These thoughts passed through the alabaster Alicorn’s mind as she waited upon the step of the palace.

  The door was enveloped in a purple hue, and opened. Standing on the other side was Twilight herself to greet the Princess. Stepping in, the elder gave a quick peck to the younger mare.

  “So where’s Spike?”

  “Carousel Boutique, he’s learned to stay away from our experiments.” The Element of Magic giggled. “Do please come in, I’ve got everything set up upstairs.”

  Celestia smiled and followed Twilight upstairs. That mare sure did have a funny way of naming things.

Author's Note:

Everybody say hi to Treblemaker!

PreviousChapters Next