• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,444 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,444

PreviousChapters Next
345. Toasty by Jonesly

***

It was a dreary, blustery day in Canterlot. The wind was blowing out of the north, bringing with it the bite of winter. The grey clouds above threatened snow and before the night was through, were scheduled to cover the city in a cold, white blanket.

“Brrr... it's cold out here.” Celestia was walking down the street with Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight looked over at her. “Really Celestia, I appreciate you coming with me to the train station to meet Spike, but you could have stayed in the palace, you know, where it's warm? I am a grown up now, I even pay taxes. I'm sure I can meet my s...assistant at the train by myself.”

Celestia smiled. “I know you can, but I can also walk with you. It gets me out of the palace and into the fresh air. It's a nice change of pace from the hot air blown up my tail in the palace.”

Twilight giggled. “And Luna saying she wanted to learn how to cook and appropriating the kitchens had nothing to do with it.”

“Well, maybe a little, but did you smell what was coming out of there? We'll have to air the kitchens for days after this adventure of hers. Is it wrong of me to prefer fresh air and good company?”

“No, and I'm glad you're here.”

They made their way towards the train station, not in a rush, but not going slowly either. A commotion attracted their attention from a side street. Standing on a box on a corner of the street, a pony called out to all of the city to stop and listen to him. He was from some religious group and had a message to deliver.

He yelled to the crowd. “In the BEGINNING there was darkness and the Creator looked out upon this and was dissatisfied. Wishing to give us a beautiful world to live in, He created all that is before us in seven days...”

Twilight glanced at him before looking to her side. “Is that how it happened?”

Celestia shot her a look. “Just how old do you think I am?”

They continued walking, only paying vague attention to the preacher. His volume, however, guaranteed that his voice carried after them.

“REPENT ye sinners. Repent of your sins or be condemned to everlasting HELL! “For in the beginning the Creator made stallion and mare. The TIME of atonement is upon us! Those of you who have fallen into the SIN of homosexuality shall burn! Your sinful LUSTSshall condemn you to the very pits of hell....” His rant trailed off into the distance.

Continuing to walk, the two mares left the preacher behind. Physically at least. Twilight kept glancing back in his direction, nibbling her lower lip and looking rather consternated. Finally she stopped. Celestia stopped with her, looking at her with concern.

“Tia, is any of that true? Are we going to hell for our love?” Twilight shivered as a particularly cold gust of wind buffeted her.

Celestia reached a wing around her Twilight, pulling her in for warmth. “If we are, at least we'll be toasty.”

PreviousChapters Next