• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,499 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,499

PreviousChapters Next
13. Stalking by Lake

by Lake

***

It was another normal day for Twilight Sparkle. At least, her definition of ‘normal’ had changed ever since she began living in this lively and unique town named Ponyville. But at least there weren't any hydras chasing her, cutie marks being swapped or mares being ponynapped by greedy diamond dogs.

She got up as usual, bathed as usual, and brushed her teeth… as usual. She went to fix up her mane, but she swore she saw something out of place out on the window on the mirror’s reflection. At first she thought it was a stain and tried to clean it off, but nothing came out. She turned around to confirm what she was seeing... but there was nothing.

The next couple of hours she was saved from a piano falling from the sky by something extremely fast, and for some mysterious reason the Cake’s refused to accept her money when she went out to buy those cupcakes Spike deserved so much after organizing the library. They were sweating a lot and had these strange false smiles on their faces… Twilight decided to give up and accept the offer.

However, as she walked back to her library she couldn't shake of the feeling… She was being watched.

______________________________________________________________________________

It was evening, which meant it was Twilight Sparkle’s mourning time. She sat in front of her desk, scolding herself and regretting. Ever since she was a filly she had had this giant crush on the Princess of Equestria out of all mares. Twilight had set up her mind years ago to forget it but…

It was useless. She could only do one thing in these moments of extreme heartache and loneliness not even one of Pinkie’s parties could cure; write in her old diary until she ran out of ink.

“Her coat white as a cloud… wait. White as a cloud?... Whatever. It’s my diary, not an essay.” She shrugged and kept writing. She had this habit of speaking aloud whatever she wrote; it amplified the relieving effect. “Her coat white as a cloud reflects the morning sun’s rays. Her gentle eyes gaze upon me and can only nurture my love for her, making it grow, as well as my pa-“

Twilight was tired of this feeling; who in the hay had been stalking her all day long? She turned around and…

PRINCESS?!” The surprise was so great she blew off her diary. “H-how much… did you hear?” Her cheeks burned, her hooves trembled, and her mind went haywire even though it didn't show.

“Enough…” Celestia answered calmly. Twilight was surprised she wasn't being fried in the sun by now…

“…I’m sorry” Twilight fell to the ground, fearfully covering her head.

“I’m sorry too. For spying on you, I mean”

Wait. She has been stalking me?!

“Stand up” the princess commanded, but Twilight was too scared to register it.

“Please” Twilight fearfully obeyed… and met the princess’ lips. “There. Now we’re even. Though we still have things to talk about.”

Yes. It was another normal day for Twilight Sparkle.

PreviousChapters Next