• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,508 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,508

PreviousChapters Next
264. Agreer by Bobbananaville

“Twilight?”

Yes, love? I don’t say these words aloud, afraid of what the Princess would think of me if she knew how I felt. No, I just ask her in the manner she expects; reverently. It isn’t hard to fake, since I’m not really faking it at all, but the omission still feels a bit like a lie.

“I’ve noticed you’ve been… Dependent on my opinions. Perhaps overly so.”

Oh? I frown, and ask her what she meant. Isn’t she happy with me? Oh, I hope she’s not mad at me; I was just trying to be more like her. She’s the princess, after all.

“Well, while you’ve spoken of the many things you’ve learned in books, you always seem to request my opinion on the matter. And every time I tell you something, it seems what I say is gospel to you.”

Oh? Well, I simply thought that with you being the princess and all, you were the leading expert on pretty much everything! And-

“Even with things pertaining to your friends, you seem to ask me for information distressingly often. It seems… Unhealthy to be so dependent on my thoughts.”

Oh, apologies love. I won’t impose myself on you so much anymore. I don’t call her love aloud, of course.

“No, Twilight, it’s not that. Your opinion is valuable to me, but you seem to be reshaping them so that they’re not distinguishable from mine. It was distressing when you studied under me in Canterlot, but I was your teacher then, and you seemed to get better when you moved to Ponyville anyway. Why are you always making my opinions your own, now that we’re equals?”

I pause, trying to think of something to say. Should I confess?

I’m well aware that I’d been shaping my opinions around her. She’s an immortal princess, after all, and I’m so fearful that if we disagree on something - anything at all - she won’t love me as much. It’s not very rational, but it’s a fear and I don’t want it to come true, and doing this reassures me. But now she’s noticed, and she’s worried about me.

She’s giving me time to think. She’s a bit worried, but she understands me well enough to give me time to gather my thoughts.

That’s why I love her so much. Before I can stop myself, and before my Princess can back away, I lean forward and kiss her.

This is why, Celestia. I’m sorry I couldn’t say it outright before, but this is why.

PreviousChapters Next