• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,512 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,512

PreviousChapters Next
421. Gold by Magicman7997

***

”There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child.” - King Ostrick, First King of the Availonian Empire.

“...so, in summation your highness, we can nary afford any additional taxation by the Griffons. It will cut into our profits too deeply and the royal treasury has already seen too great a loss with your...expenditures.” A nervous looking cream coated stallion wrung his hooves together upon the polished tabletop around which he and the other four members of the Equestrian cabinet were seated. At the head of the table, sat one Princess Consort and wife to High Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle. Worry and fatigue wore heavy upon the face of everypony assembled, but not perhaps more so than the royal consort herself.

“Balance, I appreciate that you are doing the best you can with the deep budget cuts every department has had to face. But I merely feel that you can do better. After all, I assure you that were my wife here, you wouldn’t be questioning why an additional ten million bits have been allocated from the national fund. I’m sure you’d simply nod and smile and say, ‘Oh yes your highness, we’ll find a way to make it work.’,” snarked Twilight. She rubbed at the base of her horn as she felt the beginnings of a tension headache coming on.

“But your majesty, we simply cannot continue the funding! The citizens are taxed to the limit and already many programs that were in place to help those in financial trouble are having to turn ponies away or close out right due to your frivolous spending!” exclaimed a powder blue unicorn as he slammed his hooves to the table and rose from his seat. “This is a foals…”

SILENCE!

The room grew instantly ten degrees colder as all eyes shifted to the suddenly larger form of Princess Twilight. The room practically swam with magical energy as the ley lines around the castle began feeding the young alicorn. After a few ragged pants, Twilight took a calming breath and pushed her hoof outward from her chest. The air in the room settled and Twilight fixed a steely glare on the stallion.

“Pen Pusher, tell me, do you and your wife have foals?”

“Why yes, yes we do your majesty. Two foals, a filly and a colt,” gulped the stallion nervously.

“You would do anything you could for them, correct?”

“Of course your highness, but I don’t see…”

AND SO WILL I! I WILL GO TO THE ENDS OF EQUUS, BURN EVERY LAST FOREST TO CINDERS, CRUSH EVERY STONE TO DUST, BOIL THE OCEANS TO THEIR FLOORS! NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING WILL STAND IN MY WAY OF FINDING MY DAUGHTER!

As suddenly as the outburst occurred, it stopped. Heaving for breath and with her forehooves braced against the now cracked tabletop, Twilight gracefully cleared her throat and softly fluffed her wings.

“Now, if there is no further business, we are adjourned,” and without waiting for a response, she quickly rose from her seat and walked out of the meeting room flanked by her two solar guards. Walking quickly through the castle, she nodded in passing at everypony until she reached the chambers she shared with her wife. “Thank you good stallions, you are dismissed,” she said as she entered her private quarters.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Twilight softly walked over to the bed that was in the far corner of the room and slid in next to the prone form of Celestia. She could tell that her lover had cried herself to sleep again based on the matted fur around her eyes and down her muzzle. With a soft peck on the neck, Twilight wrapped her hooves around the much larger Solar regent and whispered, “Don’t worry Tia, we’ll find Sunny Days. I swear to you we will.”

PreviousChapters Next