• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,446 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,446

PreviousChapters Next
242. Talisman by Jonesly

***

“Twilight, remind me again why I'm helping you?” Rainbow Dash panted as she and her purple friend sprinted down a hallway. The clanking and jingling close behind them indicated that the animated suits of archaic samarai armor had not fallen behind. Ahead of them they could see a light at the end of the hall, slowly narrowing as the gate kept closing.

“I told you, the Icon of Tsukuyomi was a very important talisman to the ancient Neighponese. I'm not sure what it actually is, but I can feel heavy enchantments and Tia mentioned it as being something of Luna's that was incredibly useful.” Twilight was panting as well, but newfound earth pony endurance enabled her to lecture as she ran, something that Dash wasn't entirely certain was a good thing.

“Less talking, more running.” Suiting action to words, the blue pony pushed herself. At the last second, she grabbed her friend and put on a burst of speed, squeaking past the closing portcullis mere moments before it slammed shut.

The two tumbled to the ground outside and lay on the grass gasping for breath. As they calmed down, Dash looked over to her friend. “Again, why am I helping you?”

Twilight smiled back, “It's Tia's and my fifth anniversary. We said we'd get each other gifts that meant something when we were younger. I found this in my research and thought that it'd be perfect. I came here to retrieve it. I brought you for backup. You are here because I helped you get a gift for Luna. Do you remember? That signed copy of Daring Do and the Fetish of Gungadoon?”

“Please, it was no where near as difficult to get as this was.” Dash said.

“It was a Comic-con exclusive. A Manehatten Comic-con exclusive.” Twilight growled. “I had to wait in a line for 6 hours. Do you know why people stereotype con goers? 6 hours in line with people who have worse social skills then me! 6 HOURS!” Twilight's voice dropped to a mutter, “Never again, next time I abuse Royal Privilege, no matter what Tia says.”

Dash looked contrite, “Oh yeah, that's why I'm helping you.”

~~~

Far away, on a land named for the fruit of its soil, two sisters huddled over a box in a cramped space. The minstrels could have sung songs of their epic journey, but it would have been shorter then a commercial jingle.

“This? This is your mystical talisman? Sister, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a small homemade doll.” Luna stared into the box with a puzzled look.

“Excuse me Luna, but this is a very important part of Twilight's foalhood! In fact, this is actually the first gift I gave to her. Her first night in the castle as my student, when she couldn't sleep, I magicked up a friend for her.” Celestia smiled in wistful rememberance.

“Maybe afterward, you should have magicked up a lesson in doll making for yourself.” Luna said dryly, eyeing the small rag donkey with button eyes, well, one button eye and one dangling button eyelike object.

Celestia swatted her on the shoulder and they both started laughing. Giggling they presented quite the sight, front halves tucked under a bed, rear ends shaking with mirth in the sky. Behind them came a snort of annoyance.

“Luna, was that you?” a deep voice answered her.

“Eenope.”

“Tia, maybe we should run now.”

“Eeyup.”

PreviousChapters Next