• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,518 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,518

PreviousChapters Next
186. Flosculation by Jonesly

***

Twilight Sparkle was bored. Being Twilight Sparkle she was also attempting to rectify this state, going through the newspaper and searching for suitable diversion. “Trixie is putting on a show in lower Canterlot, despite all of her boasting and noise, she does know her stuff.”

Celestia giggled, “But that flosculation of hers, I mean really, who refers to themselves in the third person?”

Twilight stopped, staring at Celestia. “Flosculation?”

Celestia blushed, “Oh dear, is that another phrase that has fallen out of use? I'm not always entirely certain...”

“I'm just amazed that there is another pony on the planet who knows what that means,” Twilight said. “And to be honest... I really like it.”

Celestia smiled slyly, “Well, I don't mean to be a skybosh, but I have been around a very long time. I didn't spend all that time alone. I had to learn how to speak to the people of every age. I will however, let you know that I have worked hard to keep my vocabulary modern. Occasionally obsolete words will creep in though. I can't help it. It make me feel so roinish though.”

This time Twilight blushed. “THAT, that right there! That part where you talk normally except for a smattering of words. It is so cute, it just makes me want to grab you, pull you down to my level and kiss you into logorrheaic submission.

Celestia nuzzled her fiance and whispered into her ear, “I know... Would you care to join me in the boudoir to partake in some nidulation, dearest Twilight?”

“I don't actually know what that means,” Twilight said. Then she smirked and lit up her horn, “But I know what it's going to mean.”

A flash of purple light and all that remained of the two was lingering laughter.

PreviousChapters Next