• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,514 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,514

PreviousChapters Next
56. Rock by Fuzzyfurvert

***

Octavia pinched the bridge of her muzzle as she walked up behind Vinyl. The white unicorn had her face pressed against the force field surrounding Ponyville’s Golden Oaks Library. From up close, Octavia could feel the thumping beat that went along with the color changing strobe lighting inside it.

“Vinyl… it’s getting late. Come to bed.”

The DJ frowned at her even as she kept her face glued to the force bubble. “Aw, boo! I’m trying to listen in and see if they play one of my remixes, ‘Tavi.”

Octavia shook her head and sighed. “Have they?”

“Not yet.” Vinyl’s ears perked up as the baseline changed again. “Oh sweet! They’re playing that AWOLNATION jam I love!”


Inside the library, the newly wed Celestia relaxed on a large cushion next to her bride while most of the other guests danced to the pulsating music supplied by the ever effervescent Pinkie Pie. She sighed happily as Twilight leaned into her side.

“So… when did you first notice just how drunk Fluttershy is?”

Twilight stiffened slightly for a second before giggling softly. “Right after the ceremony, when we did the Kiss the Bride part. Fluttershy doesn’t normally use that much tongue when she isn’t at least a little tipsy.”

“Rainbow Dash still looks dazed.”

“Yeah,” Twilight giggled again, her own drink floating next to her. “I don’t think she was expecting Fluttershy to use her as a stripper pole during that last song.”

“Perhaps we should invite her back to the castle later? To… um, make sure she is ok after a night of drinking?” Celestia grinned, her cheeks flushed with her own share of alcohol.

“Hold it right there Sunrump!” Discord dropped down from the ceiling, one body part at a time. His body reassembled itself and started stumbling around blindly searching for his head.

“I’m Fluttershy’s DD tonight, and I intend to make sure she gets home alright.” Discord glared at them from the floor. “Besides, didn’t I marry you two just a few hours ago? Have you no shame?”

Celestia giggled and nudged Discord’s noggin toward his flailing body. “Since when has shame been a character trait of mine?”

“Granted.” The Chaos Lord reset his head on his shoulders and shrugged. “That still doesn’t mean you get to drag sweet little Fluttershy back to your dungeons, Molly.”

Celestia smiled innocently as Twilight looked up at her. “Molly?”

“An old nickname.”

Discord hmph’ed and turned back to the impromptu dance floor. “Oh Fluttershy! I call dibs on the next dance! I’m far more pole shaped than Rainbow Crash!”


Octavia yawned as she rested her head against Vinyl’s flank. The unicorn still had her face plastered to the force field, listening to the muffled music from inside.

Vinyl sighed as the next song started up. It was good, but it wasn’t hers. She looked back at her roommate, who was starting to doze off. “C’mon ‘Tavi. Let’s go to bed. I’ll just sneak in Sugar Cube Corner later and switch out Pinkie’s mp3s.”

Octavia stretched and nodded. There wasn’t any point to arguing. Vinyl would do as she pleased and the sooner they were back home, the sooner she got some sleep. Vinyl lead the way, still swaying to the beat. Octavia suppressed another yawn and eyed the bobbing backside in front of her. Maybe sleep could wait.

PreviousChapters Next