• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,512 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,512

PreviousChapters Next
201. Walking on Sunshine by Bekdontraz

***

Celestia had worn many titles of her long life, many names as well, but the one title she cherished the most was the simple one of wife. Running her fingers through her long multi hued hair as she sat on the balcony watching her wife catalogue stars. Her eyes traced the dark skinned woman before her. A smile crossed her face as Twilight worried over a calculation.

The Astronomer turned to glare at her wife. “How can you just sit watching people so easily?” She snapped taking her frustration out on her wife.

“I like people, after several eons I’ve come to realize every one of them is unique in sometimes subtle ways” Celestia smiled even more and leans forward pecking the younger woman’s lips gently before pulling her grumbling wife into her arms. “You need to get your nose out of those books sometimes Twilight. We live in a world of magic, and dragons, and talking horses!” Twilight smirked at the last one snuggling into Celestia’s arms.

“Its almost dawn isn’t it?” She asked stifling a yawn with her hand. “I’m sorry I kept you up all night again..” She mumbled snuggling into Celestia’s generous bosom.

“Darling, I can go several days without sleep. Being with you always keeps me light on my feet. Besides, Luna has been annoying as of late and I think she should take over for a few days.” Celestia smiled and ran a hand through Twilight’s hair. “Do you trust me?” She asked suddenly. She could feel the gentle tug of her true form at the edge of her mind. The moon was slowly slipping from the sky and with a simple thought Celestia propelled the sun into the sky.

“Wow..” Twilight muttered to herself. “I..I thought it took effort?” Twilight slowly started to lift off of Celestia.

“No, but my subjects enjoy a good show. Afterall you never know who might be inspired by the display of arcane might” Celestia’s eyes twinkle and she leans down kissing Twilight gently “Again, do you trust me?” She asked standing slowly while still holding the woman tightly.

“Yes, I gave you my life afterall” Twilight smiled and glanced around nervously. She gasped as Celestia stepped away from her and off the balcony. Her wings didn’t form she instead stood on a simple blueish distortion in the air. Twilight blinked a few times before looking up at her.

“Sunlight, though...I think I can do this with any light” Celestia answered her holding out her hand. Twilight stepped forward taking Celestia’s hand, with a simple step she too soon stood on a wavering plane of light.

“How? Light doesn’t...we…” Twilight looked down at the glow under her feet. Her mind was rolling through the scientific journals she’d read, even the magical trestie all treated light as unable to do things like this. She looked up at Celestia who smiled broadly.

“To use light in this way, one must be truly and deeply happy. I have a beautiful wife who I love with all my heart. I am the happiest woman on the planet.” She smiled and leaned down kissing Twilight again. “I needed to show you how I feel about being with you before you started panicking.” Twilight nodded and smiled.

“I know how you feel, I just..I’ll never understand how I can catch the eye of a sungoddess.” Twilight smiled her heart fluttering. “Shall we take a walk?” She asked stepping forward careful to still grasp her wife’s hand.

“I’d like that” Celestia said with a grin.

PreviousChapters Next