• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,444 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,444

PreviousChapters Next
234. Snobographer by Jonesly

***

Twilight climbed the hill in a public park in the northern city of Seaddle. By her side, Celestia was watching people come and go. As they reached the top, they turned around and faced out, towards the Sound and sat down under a tree.

“Are you sure we have time for this? Aren't we on official business? What will people say. Are those reporters following us?” Twilight looked around nervously.

“Reporters? They're so busy writing about the snobs of 'High Society' that what I do goes almost without comment.” Tia scoffed.

“Oh and it has nothing to do with a law you passed roughly 763 years ago, when newspapers first came about? Coincidentally, is that also why that one sculpture in the garden is titled 'Pony Who Slanders?” Twilight asked with a raised eyebrow.

Tia winked. Then she seized her fiance and pulled her in to her side. Burying her face in the joint between wing and shoulder, where she knew she would draw a reaction.

Twilight squeaked. “Tia, really, maybe while we're in public we should try to maintain some decorum. You know I'm not entirely comfortable with public displays of affection...” She was squirming in the rather tight embrace she found herself in.

“Is that why your hoof has crept down to my cutie mark?” Tia smirked.

Twilight jerked her hoof back as if the stylized sun had suddenly become real. Slowly, gingerly, she returned her hoof to Tia's waist, there to let it rest comfortably.

After they had been resting for a while, Tia turned to Twilight, “Twenty bits for your thoughts?”

“Twenty? Wow, the price has gone up,” Twi stuck her tongue out. “I was just thinking about something my mother told me when I was younger. I didn't understand it then, but I do now. She told me the the greatest thing she did in her life was to marry her best friend.”

Tia smiled at her and nodded. Together, they lay back on top of the hill of a public park and let the world flow around them. A white mare, her best friend. A purple mare, her best friend. Taking time simply to be together.

Author's Note:

Is it just me, or does Jonesly write a lot of Twilestia?

PreviousChapters Next