• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,959 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,959

PreviousChapters Next
Analysis 2

Midnight Castle: Everhere, Vol 7, Chapter 2, The Shatterstone

We start with Megan and Blazen having a talk (in secret) about something in Danny's past. Megan insists that Blazen be honest with Danny when they manage to get the realities back. Blazen threatens to reveal her secret (now I'm really curious about that!) so things end at a stalemate.

Meanwhile, Karl has been going about checking if the plants and animals are the same. For the most part there are no differences, yet it turns out that Danny's pup is feral in this reality. Just as he tries to get it out of hiding, Caprice shows up asking where they have been all this time. Karl tries to explain, but Megan and Blazen appear and decide it's time to think about their next steps. Megan starts inspecting the crown when they are suddenly surrounded by Felina corp sorceresses. Everyone prepares for a fight, then the CEO's daughter (yes, it's Cassandra) descends from the sky and congratulates Megan for finding the crown. (Yikes! In this reality she's been working for Felina corp all along!)

We then see Bellucio's group. Omni, in typical Omni fashion, keeps playing about with the crown, while Euryala paces about panicking (for some reason she's terrified that this is Poseidon's reality). Annoyed, Bellucio suggests they go to his place until things calm down. They do, but along the way it's obvious that Mistmount has an increased guard sorceress presence. The three witness a teen getting arrested for no apparent reason. Bellucio is about to see what's going on, when Euryala tells him to stop. ("You've no idea what Poseidon is like, especially when unchecked.")

The group's involvement ends with them going to Bellucio's mansion, where the butler asks Euryala why she hasn't dusted the china (Oooh! Continuity from that time Euryala was Bellucio's maid? I know the ages don't match, but that's one huge coincidence.)

Back in the Zeus reality, Megan and company are taken to a Felina corp prison facility. Megan is ushered to the VIP section, while everyone else is taken away (probably to be locked up). Megan waits in some luxurious room, catching up on news from the net (seems Felina is the only corp in the area, all others have been dismantled). Then, Cassandra comes in and slaps her across the face (Wow! Talk about going hardcore! This is the first time I see an actual slap in the series! Still can't believe they did it.). Turns out that Cass and Megan knew each other from college and were friends. Cass has been coveting for her and giving info all this time. (Not sure if only in this reality or in general.)

This is what I love about this series! Everyone has character. The villains aren't just some evil league of evil, they have their own personalities. Some of them are actually nice, but do terrible things. I just wish more books would be like this and not treat Colts as idiots. (Okay, rant over :P.)

We learn that Cassandra had this complicated plan to keep the corp from getting the crown all along. Now that it's in a corporate facility, though, her father is already on his way to get it. She also mentions having a last resort plan, but it being risky. (This is getting tense!)

Sudden jump to Danny who's having trouble breathing. For some reason Hades is still corrupt in the Hades reality, and while Danny is his faithful servant ("Chosen of Hades") his un-corruptness is causing him to suffocate. Of course he must pretend that he's evil Danny (rather loyal Danny. Hades wasn't shown doing anything evil), while Eric and Molly try to keep him from fainting. (Interesting why neither of them have any problems breathing). Molly turned out to be smart enough to hide the crown (first good decision she's done in the entire series) so that's one thing they don't have to worry about. Cerberus in human form appears and tells Danny he is expected for the peace talks with the Titans.

Let me just pause for a moment. Cerberus! In human form! And not just some monster with three heads, but three identical twins who can shapeshift into one beast form at will!

Argh! I'll have to stop here :( Parents making a fuss about me not doing homework. :((( This chapter is soooo gooood! Really want to keep on reading, but! I'll promise to finish the review tomorrow!

PrinceEric

Whoa! A wall of text and you only got half way?! I'm impressed, PrinceEric! If only I could be so good :(

Yeah, though. This keeps getting better and better! If the rest of the series is as good, I'll buy a hat and publicly eat it at our next meetup! On that note...

@LyraHands: how about we organize a site greet-and-meet? I'm curious to see lots of the new members.

MixaMax

@MixaMax: You just want to see if there are any cute stallions! Just like Brush! -RRBB

As you can see RRBB is back in school... We both agree that the second chapter was great! Even my brother found it remarkable. He's actually agreed to edit some of Brush's stuff when he comes home end of this week.

Must go. Time for class.

PaintDrop

Dear PrinceEric.

It's impressive that you have such enthusiasm, but maybe keep future reviews slightly shorter? Remember it's the main points that are important. :)

A point of interest, the early series was far more violent than this one, although Mistmount Chronicles was toned down a lot. In the original series we had characters (of various ages) punch each other. On one occasion there even was a pony kicking a human in the face. Personally, I doubt that a human would survive after that, but those were different times.

Still, good job and keep on analyzing.

The TechNightling

@MixaMax, @LyraHands: A meetup sounds like a sweet idea! I can organize something. I'd offer my place, but clouds... Still, there are a few ponies I could ask.

Also, next chapters are even better ;)

CEOWitch

Umm, hiii everybody! :)

I'm totally new to this, but a friend said I'd like it, so... hi? O:) *waves hand*

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: hello and welcome, sweetie :) Are you a stallion? *ear nibbles*

Brush

@Brush: I should have known it would take a potential stallion to bring you back :P You had me worried there, Brush. Next time reply to your fucking PMs!

MixaMax

@MixaMax: I'm fine, no worries. Been working and writing.

Oh, and buck you!

Brush

Brush: Err, no I'm a filly.

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: Welcome :) Don't worry, some of the posters might be a bit strange, but we're a friendly bunch. :) Feel free to explore the site, read stories, or just hang out :D

Also, use @<name> to notify someone :)

@all: a meet-and-greet sounds fine, though I'm not sure how available I'll be given my circumstances. CEOWitch, if you can organize this I'll be grateful. I'll try to go, but no promises.

LyraHands

@LyraHands: Thank you! <3 :)

SweetStuff

@PrinceEric, @The TechNightling: I always write a detailed summary of what I review, then cut it down to the most essential elements I present in checklist format. That way, anypony can experience the full content of the story at a fraction of the time.

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: I'm sure you do.

MixaMax

Author's Note:

One more day for AMA character :)

Add your choice in the comments if you haven't already :D

PreviousChapters Next