• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,958 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,958

PreviousChapters Next
Furious Max PMs

Okay, what's this about my sister? She's never missed a day of school in her life. Even when she fell and cracked her horn she'd go. So telling me some crap about her going to your physician won't cut it.

What's really going on?

MixaMax

Maybe you should ask her instead of spamming the site?

PaintDrop

You said move it to PM, so don't give he that! Just tell me what's going on. Is she okay?

MixaMax

You really don't know anything, do you?

No, Short isn't okay. She hasn't been for years. Oh, she's really good at not showing it: mostly keeps to herself, talks a bit now and then, but she's not well at all. She's not like you or I. When she has problems she keeps them inside. Sort of like Brush.

Short is hopelessly in love. Has been for years.

PaintDrop

With you? If that's all why can't she just have told me. I've nothing against it. In fact I think it's time she found somepony. I had my amount of flings and crushes in high school, and it doesn't bother me that her barn swings the other way. If you two love each other you might as well tell me and not keep up that nonsense with being sick.

MixaMax

She's not in love with me! Besides, I'm straight as an arrow.

PaintDrop

I don't get it then.

MixaMax

Stars, do I need to spell it out for everypony?! She's in love with RRBB! I know she's been keeping it low, but you're her sister for Celestia's sake! All the times she came all the way from your place to help or be supportive. Do you think that was by accident? I get it that we're in the same class and all, but there's close friends and then there's really close friends.

PaintDrop

Crap!

MixaMax

Crap indeed. Lately there's been a buildup. Ever since Pixel's party Short has been feeling really down. Like really. I said she was seeing my doctor. That's a lie. She's been hanging out at my place.

PaintDrop

Cdi, Short :/ Did she confess to RRBB?

MixaMax

Yes and now. Actually, no. RRBB is as clueless as a policepony in a detective novel. I'd have thought that her giving Pixel to RRBB would have made that clear (that thing costs probably twice as much as your house, by the way), but RRBB's got the impression that Short is just a very good friend. And I can't exactly blame her. After last time she's convinced she's the only gay filly in Ponyville.

Go, and if things aren't complicated enough, RRBB still holds a flame for a YouKnowWho. A few days ago, she confessed she still has feelings for and and us determined to fight to try and make this love last, despite the odds. I really hope she didn't PM that to Short as well.

PaintDrop

Holy Celestia! I'm having such a long talk with her once she gets here, you won't believe! Of all the things. Better, I'll go talk to RRBB!

MixaMax

Yeah, that's a great idea. Just how dump are you, Max? Please, enlighten me how would you make any of them feel better? Dark left the site because of your unique brands of conversation, and that was because of a story. This is real life.

PaintDrop

Don't talk to me like I'm a filly! I've been where you were! You think I didn't have similar problems? If RRBB tells sis she's not into her sis will be devastated, but at least she'll have her answer. Right now she's halfway between yes and not, living in a dream that she doesn't want to end.

Trust me, I've been there! Just because she isn't hurt doesn't mean she's happy.

MixaMax

We live in a different world, Max. Not sure how much of your advice applies. Bottom line, Short isn't feeling well at all, and at a time RRBB is just starting to get back to her hooves (even if she still clings to the notion that things could work out between her and YouKnowWho).

I'm really lost here. If it were RRBB, I'd advise therapy, but seems Short doesn't have that issue. She's just lovesick. I've been trying to get her to confess, but she always comes with an excuse not to. At times I really wish she had more of your traits. It would be cool if she climbs her desk during class and shouts out her love confession. No shame, no explanations, just a full two minutes of awesome awkwardness.

PaintDrop

Who else knows?

MixaMax

Honestly? I'm not sure. I'd have thought that everyone does, but shows what I know. I suspect Jade does, though. I don't care how rich you are, you don't just spend such sums to have somepony give the gift away. If you ask me, Short must have told him all about it to get him to spend such a sum.

Lyra, I expect. Lyra knows everything. RRBB told me there were talking about her romantic preferences long before she told me. My brother is clueless, as is YouKnowWho. SweetStuff might suspect, but she hasn't told me anything. I know she hadn't told you, but I thought you suspected.

PaintDrop

Brb.

MixaMax

Well, Jade knew. I'm so bad at him right now! I get it sis told him to keep it secret, but he could have hinted, dammit! Three times the cost of my house...and I thought my folks were relatively well off. :/

MixaMax

At least you know he'll protect your secrets.

PaintDrop

Cute. :/ I'm definitely having a talk with Short when she gets here, so don't be surprised if she gets grounded. Not that would affect her. I used to force her to go to parties :/ How did things end up such a mess?

Anyway, she's my sister and I'll fix this. Try to, that is.

MixaMax

Just please be careful with her. You know her way better, but Short is more fragile than she puts on.

PaintDrop

She's not. She just breaks easily.

Thanks for being there for her.

MixaMax

Author's Note:

Heya, all!
After some delays a new chapter of mertup will be posted later today. Sorry about that, but have been having a bit if surge at work :(
As usual, here's a 24 hour link to the Equestrian Fanfiction discord for discussions :)

https://discord.gg/f2QJt

PreviousChapters Next