• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,958 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,958

PreviousChapters Next
Ice Prince

Girls, I’ll be introducing a friend to the site, so please be gentle to him, okay? I’ve warned him this site might be a bit wild, but I would very much appreciate if we make him feel welcome. Especially after what has happened.

Just be yourselves and keep an open mind, okay?

DarkSparkle

Ooooh. “Him”? Now this will definitely be interesting :)

Brush

@Brush: hush, you!

DarkSparkle

It’s finally happened. DarkSparkle will introduce us to her centaur boyfriend and is trying to make the situation less awkward. I expect she’s already spoken to the mods and we might see all taur stories vanish from the site (or at the very least be hidden).

This will be followed by a request for us to show how liked, valued, and skilled DarkSparkle is the community. Possibly even mention that she’s helped some of the top writers. :P

TrueSparkle

I’d never do that! I’m speechless! I don’t know what you’re talking about!

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: that bad, eh? Well, it’s too late now. Dark might not be the best writer, but she’s on her way to become a meme... as well as the inspiration for a new waves of pony-taur fics (which I’m still uncertain should be on the site.)

@LyraHands: what do you say about this? I know the site is open, but slapping a city name and having a fics with random taurs isn’t exactly MC compliant. Or maybe it is and I’m just too biased. I won’t lie I enjoy some taur fics (don’t laugh, @Brush!) but this new centaur subgenre has gotten completely insane! :/

RRBB

@RRBB: as lo as the other requirements are there then taur is a valid genre. Not to mention that centaurs existed in some of the original stories, requiring that members only use named characters would be a hindrance to a lot magnificent stories containing humans that are in no way related to characters or events of the series.

The TechNightling

I think it’s nice that DarkSparkle has found a SO. I’m still surprised how she’s managed to stay single for so long. Even more significant, she has found somepony who accepts her personal hobby, which is no small feat. (After being in the army for a few weeks, I’m ashamed to say how many stallions still don’t take mares who read coltfiction seriously.)

@DarkSparkle: I’m truly happy for you! You deserve to have somepony in your life.

Jade

Now you’re all embarrassing me.

Well, if it’s like that fine! After what I’ve experienced, I won’t waste time, with being “shy and uncertain”. He’s, I have deep emotions for the pony in question' even if it things haven’t been all that clear.

I also know that it won’t be easy. Both of us will have to make compromises, and I think it’s only fair that I lead by example. However, seeing how so many of you have overcome their problems and found happiness I’m determine to give it everything I have!

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: I know it’s weird coming from me, but it’s definitely worth it. Given time others will accept your choice. We might not be humans, but there’s still a lot of kindness and understanding in all of us. Just yesterday my father said it might be okay to invite my “necklace” to dinner. (Yes, he still is convinced that I keep Vertex round my neck at all times.)

LyraHands & Bob, as well as RRBB & Short&Hoofy are also starting to be accepted. (Hint, it helps a lot if you’re well known and you’ve done great things.)

I don’t suppose you can share some details? ;)

PaintDrop

Humph! And of course nopony mentions Simile and her glorious achievements! :/

Simile

@Simile: how could we? You keep repeating it so much we never get the chance!

TrueSparkle

Meanwhile I had another disastrous date last night. Just when I thought things would work out. I seriously don’t know what’s wrong with me. I mean all my friends have a special someone here.

Anyway, @DarkSparkle, good luck. You’ll need it. I trust you, so I’ll have your back. Still hope you know what you’re getting yourself into.

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: it’ll be fine, silly :)

PPI

@LightSparkle: it’ll be fine.

Edit: oh, PPI, never change :) Seriously, I could tell that things are fine. It’ll just take a bit of getting used to. Meanwhile, Salty’s crying in the other room, muttering how fast time flies... while Flurry, dressed as Princess Jennifer, is trying to cheer him up. (Yes, I lead an interesting life.)

InItForTheShipping

@DarkSparkle: At this point I was expecting for you to go to another world and find yourself a human :P Who’s the lucky stallion?

Lucky stallion: welcome to our site! And don’t worry, nopony other than Brush bites, but she’s getting married, so she’s not as much a threat as she used to be :P There are a few new Nightlings fighting for her spot, but other than that you’ll be safe... as long as you agree on who us best humie :)

LyraHands

@LyraHands: nope, she didn’t. She snatched him in Equestria. Maybe I should find a new world. It’s not like I’m having any luck here :/

Also maybe I should get some sleep... been a tough few weeks.

LightSparkle

Now you’re all just embarrassing me on purpose! It’ll be fine. For one thing, I think I’m much wiser and more prepared than I was an year ago.

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: Oh, okay. I better move out of the castle then...

EverSpike

@EverSpike: Spike it’s a Castle! We won’t be using all the rooms! Did you have to leave when starlight joined us? So stop being a baby about it!

DarkSparkle

@EverSpike: she totally can’t cook. Without you it’ll be a disaster.

TrueSparkle

@TrueSparkle: I know. Just making sure she knows that :P But yeah, I’ll have to move rooms... again. :/

EverSpike

Will you please stop?! I ask for one simple favor and you transform the threat into meme central! I seriously want you to make at least a partially good impression because this means a lot to me! And I do mean A LOT!

Thank you!

DarkSparkle

We know :) It’s all in good fun, Dark, we’re just happy for you :) No more messing about, I promise.

LyraHands

Hello.

Thank you for welcoming me here, and... please forgive me for everything I’ve done...

Ice Prince

Author's Note:

13 chapters remaining

PreviousChapters Next