• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,958 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,958

PreviousChapters Next
The Missing Analysis

Hey, all! I just reread the puppy chapter again. It's sooo cute :) I won't be surprised if there's a sudden puppy shortage in Equestria :) Funny thing, my parents asked me if I want one. (I didn't know they read the site.) The only reason I refused is because Snippypoo already gave me one *blush* I'm keeping her indoors because I'm afraid for her to fall through. (If anypony has hints about gear I should by for an earth pony, please let me know.)

Going back to the chapter, we start with a trickster (the ones that caused havoc in “Trick me” of Mistmount Chronicles) making his way to Danny’s house. There's a long exposition what the trickster intends to do to Danny for revenge (since The gr8 banished him ways from Earth). We follow him go through the house's defenses and enter Danny’s bedroom, then start casting a spell, when suddenly Athena appears, tearing him in two and banishing both parts away (both parts scream in horror as they vanish). Danny wakes up asking what's wrong to which Athena responds she had nightmares.

Next morning all of the grand nine, minus Blazen and Euryala (and Omni, of course) discuss what to do. There's a huge chart on the table of threats and dangers (again we get flashbacks to old and new enemies and allies). There are a few discussions, but at the end of the day there end out to be more questions than answers. Molly says it might be a good idea to learn what caused the Everprince to be shattered in the first place, when Blazen literally appears as a puff of smoke from the chimney explaining it’s all about the evergems and if they find out the reason of their existence they'd have an idea what's going on. Based on something he found (foreshadowing?) there are nine evergems: two are in the group's possession, there are hint about six more, and Omni’s is unknown.

Megan gets a call from Cassandra (we assume a secure line) and after sharing their concerns learns of something called “the ledger” Apparently, it’s an artefact that contains info about artifacts (again, speculated). It was last seen in Felina corp, before it was stolen by the Skyla corp, after which it vanished completely. Athena is asked about it, but claims to know nothing on the matter. Danny, however, says he has an idea who might know.

Meanwhile, we have Euryala engaged in a battle with another of the overseers. She's obviously geared up with a lot of magitech and after a lengthy battle manages to push back her opponent, only for Hercules to appear. In face of him she asks for more time, but is told that might not happen. Also upon hearing about Athena she gets scared. Hercules gives the order for the other of his team to stand down and gives her fourteen days. If she doesn't manage to “fix it” by then they will step in. Euryala agrees and teleports away.

Danny and co go to Zeus’ temple in an attempt to get in touch with the deity. The first few attempts don't work, but Danny goes into something like a dream trance and makes his way through a dream labyrinth finally reaching Olympus (?) which is abandoned. He searches for a while finding murals and scenes of the twelve gods (the faces of half of them are melted off, including Poseidon’s). After discussing things with sentient artifacts (each which acts like a puzzle) Zeus appears and has a long talk with Danny ultimately telling him that nothing is as it appears (and that he should have learned by now). There's a mention that Olympian gods, titans, and others always were fighting for something, even when they should know better.

Zeus then leads Danny to the throne room to a massive statue, where Hades is standing in front of a massive statue. The statue depicts a world shattered into other worlds, shattered into other worlds. When Danny asks what that is, Hades explains that's a reminder of Poseidon’s mistake: the Everhere.

Talk about the mist coltfiction chapter so far :) I'm still not sure what's going on, but at least we have a hint of why everyone is trying to invade Earth and Mistmount: because it contains the Everhere. Then again, they way things are going there's no telling if that's a lie, yet another shattered reality, or something is manipulating Danny’s mind altogether.

What do you think?

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: overcomplicated :( In Mistmount it was easy. The corporation was evil, Zeus was good, Hades corrupted, Poseidon unknown. We'd have a titan or trickster appear on occasion, but that was it. Here… I don't know. It's all a complicated political mess that seems to go nowhere. :/

Loved the puppy chapter, but hate this one.

MixaMax

@MixaMax: There are still a number of chapters left, plus Luna confirmed there's another volume in the works. Don’t be so grumpy. If the serious wasn't doing well there wouldn't be so many ponies talking about it.

I continue to like it, mostly because I don't have set expectations. Maybe you should try that? You'll have much more fun ;)

Brush

@MixaMax: I agree with Brush. Granted I know something of things to come, but even without that I'd still enjoy the series. It's like that moment when you things are not making sense right before everything becomes clear. I'm sure that a moment later you’ll go “oooh! Now I see!” :)

LyraHands

I like it. I can tell (from experience) that if I were going to make an attempt to conquer Earth it would be just as devious and complicated. Don't forget that there are other powerful forces at play who want to snatch the prize, plus I doubt that the humans are as naive as we make them out to be. Sure, they aren't as malicious and spiteful as us, but they definitely have more character.

Also, Athena is best deity! I'm 110% certain she'll turn out to be a manipulative *yay*

TrueSparkle

Hmm. I actually think she's too cool to care. She can pretty much defeat anything she wants to. I'm half expecting Zeus to appear and she to beat him up, then make a comment like “you shouldn't have sent me to summer camp, dad!”

That would be fun. Or maybe he banished her somewhere where the corporations found her? I don't buy the whole motherless myth (plus even if true, there's no telling if the story follows the original myth).

LightSparkle

The most commonly used cliche is that the pretty ones are always evil. Thus I expect Poseidon and Bellucio to be. And I still gave this ruled out him being a part of Poseidon.

@LightSparkle: results of the contest tomorrow?

SaltyHuman

@SaltyHuman: unsure. Either then or the day after.

@Celestia: nice try, Mom! You still don't win!

LightSparkle

PreviousChapters Next