• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,724 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,724

PreviousChapters Next
Shadow Saviors

"Holy shit! This mare is loaded!"

"You're telling me. There's gotta be nearly a thousand bits in her bag!"

"Celestia on a bike! I always thought I'd stumble upon a chump like this in Las Pegasus ages ago."

"You know what they say. Good things come to those who—"

"Just shut up and see if she's got anything else on her."

"Nope. Just the bits. We've waited around long enough. Let's take off already!"

Rainbow heard a groaning sound—her own. Blood dribbled off her muzzle. She lifted her head, squinting at the sideways silhouette of an alleyway.

Three grimy equine figures huddled around her bit bag. One turned about, his eyes glinting towards her from the light of a neon sign.

"She's getting up!"

"Rnnngh...!" Another thug got up and galloped straight towards her.

Rainbow's vision swirled. The back of her head contacted the ground. Seconds later, she felt the sting of the stallion's kick to her chin. It was enough to split her numbness down the center, filling her body if paralyzing pain.

"Mmmmfnngh..." Rainbow wheezed. "Aaaaugh..."

"Dammit, will you play it cool?!"

"She's a pegasus! I didn't want her flying awa—"

"She's obviously pissed drunk! She couldn't fly a straight line if she wanted to! Stop kicking ponies in the face! I don't want murder on my record!"

"She saw our faces. I swear it."

"She saw nothing. Let's split."

Rainbow's eyelids hung heavy and heavier. As the dark fog rolled in, the miasma parted ways just long enough for her to detect a tall, lithe shadow in the distance. It was staring straight at her.

"Wait!" one of the thugs squeaked. After a pause, the pony continued: "You sure we're done with her?"

"What else is there to do? We've got her bits."

"Look how young she is. I just bet both her kidneys are healthy."

"Nuh uh. We ain't taking her to the chop shop in Lower L.P."

"I'm telling you—this mare's a loser! Nopony's gonna remember her... much less miss her!"

"It's not that. All that alcohol inside the bitch... you really think any of her organs are healthy enough to sell?"

"It's worth a shot! Come on... you wanna live on these streets forever!"

"With these bits, we could upgrade to Manehattan."

"Pffft. Buck that! That stinkin' place is police heaven ever since Don Canter disappeared! Here... help me grab her legs."

"Dammit... I'm telling you... the chop shop is a bad idea!"

"Let's just take her down there and let the surgeons decide. If they say no, we move on! I promise! Hey... at least we'll be a thousand bits richer!"

"Actually, I just counted. More like nine hundred in here—"

"Who the hell cares?! It's a lot! Now let's move her!"

"Rnnngh... we're going to regret this..."

"If you couldn't stomach this, you shoulda jumped off a bridge ages ago. Now help me—"

The sound of heavy hoofsteps filled the avenue. Rainbow was the only one not surprised. She watched with dazed eyes as the muscular shadow bounded in from a distance and plowed into two of the thugs at once.

Wh-Wham!

"Ooomf!"

"Augh!"

The third thug gasped, only to have the figure spin around and slam two hooves savagely into his chin.

"Grkkkk!"

"Raaaaaaaaugh!" With a mare's thunderous yell, the figure stomped the ribcage of one thug and uppercutted the chin of another. Soon, the thugs scampered off, panting, wheezing, and bleeding. The figure charged after them—so they dropped the bit bag entirely and fled in opposite directions, filling the alleyways with curses and shrieks. "Get lost, you dayum cowards! Try picking on somepony your own size for once!"

Rainbow shuddered. The copper taste of blood filled her muzzle. The world grew darker... darker...

By the time her savior's hoofsteps drew closer, Rainbow's world was blacking out. She heard the sound of a bit bag being lifted, then jingled slightly.

"Mmmmmff... oh Rainbow," the voice murmured, soothing. Like honey. "Rainbow... Rainbow... Rainbow... even when you're lucky you suck at it." A sigh, and a heavy hoof softly caressed her cheek and ears. "Do I always have to save your adorable little ass?"

Rainbow tried to say something. Her heart leapt with breathtaking spikes, but she lacked the energy to produce any words. Her head teetered, drifting in the voice, drowning in it.

"Never got yourself checked out, I see. Well, hang tight. I'm gonna nurse your silly head back to health."

Rainbow exhaled, and then her body deflated... drifting into the blissful emptiness of sleep.

"...as always."

PreviousChapters Next