• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,656 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,656

PreviousChapters Next
Pinking

Rainbow Dash flew slowly over the gold-thatched rooftops of Ponyville. A warm smile trailed off the edges of her muzzle, and an inner warmth kept her levitating—far stronger than any tailwind.

Glancing left and right, she stumbled upon a familiar shape—a bright shape. Wood-finished cupcakes with plaster sprinkles glittered in the afternoon light.

Angling her wings, Rainbow Dash descended swiftly, landing on the threshhold to Sugarcube Corner. A few giggling foals galloped straight out, and the pegasus had to hop backwards to avoid their frantic charge. Shaking her head, Rainbow casually stepped into the establishment. A bouncy shape hopped back and forth from the far side of the counter, fixing fritters and sundaes while humming to herself.

"Hi hi hi, Dashie!" Pinkie warbled without looking. "It must be raining paint buckets today! My favorite kind of buckets! Heehee!" She paused in pouring icing onto a wheel of angel food bread to bend her head down and glance at Rainbow upside-down. "What's down? Or up, in your case! Heehee!"

"Uhm... hey there, Pinkie." Rainbow Dash coiled her wings tightly. Her tail flicked as she momentarily avoided the mare's glance. "It's... erm... it's been a while since we've hung out... or played pranks on other ponies... n'stuff..."

"Really? Has it? Why..." Pinkie twirled about, balancing a bag of flour atop her skull. "I could have sworn it was only..." She counted invisible digits on one hoof, tonguing the inside of her mouth in thought. "... ... ...yup! Only one Gala ago! Hah! Wowsers, can you imagine being invited to more than one of those in your life?!" She twirled about and resumed spreading sprinkles across a bevy of cakes. "Weeee!"

"Eheheh..." Rainbow Dash trotted forward. "Look. I'll make this short. I know I haven't been around much lately, and... er... I-I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

"Sorries?!" Pinkie skipped by, slapping several spotted pots and pans into a soap-filled kitchen sink. "What for, Dashie? It's too early in the day to be sorry!"

"For real, Pinks," Rainbow said. "I've... been something of a stranger lately. Not just to you, but to all the girls. But it doesn't matter. I wanna apologize." She gulped. "It's not fair for me to skip out on you as much as I have lately."

"Oh silly Dashie!" Pinkie rolled her eyes. "You haven't been missing!"

"I... haven't?"

"Nope! As a matter of fact, I haven't missed you one bit!"

"Oh..." Rainbow's ears drooped. "Well, I-I guess I wouldn't blame you for—"

"Here!" Pinkie vaulted over the counter. "Lemme show you!" She swept Rainbow up in a deep bear-hug. "Mmmmmmm—see?" She leaned back, eyes sparkling. "You were in the very same hug I left you in last time! Hah! Not lost at all!"

Rainbow opened her muzzle, lingered, then sighed. "You're stupid," she muttered through a delicate grin.

"Takes one to know onnnnne!" Pinkie moontrotted back to the counter and somersaulted to her side of the kitchen. "Hey, I bet we could both know one together over a banana sundae! Whaddya say?"

"Heh... sounds friggin' awesome."

"Mmmmmmmm..." Pinkie paused to drool. "Bananas..."

Rainbow Dash gave a pleasant sigh. Plopping down on her haunches, she waited patiently... and smiled.

PreviousChapters Next