• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,718 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,718

PreviousChapters Next
Beginning of the Alphabet

Another hour had gone by. More ponies trotted in, arriving in droves. They were the same doppelgangers of equines like Big Mac, Granny Smith, and Apple Bloom before, only now their coats seemed somehow brighter and there was a fire in their eyes that matched their tempestuous vigor.

"How dare they try n'take my big sister away!" One of several Apple Blooms stomped their hooves. "I'm gonna make them pay!"

"Pay and a half!" another foal added.

"Pay and four quarters!" a Granny Smith yodeled.

"Eeeyup!" One Big Mac glared out the window slits of the warehouse, nostrils flaring.

Mulia Mild looked nervously past the Apple Family and Ponyville constructs to see the edge of sunlight peeking through the fissures in the aged warehouse. "It's getting close. The Coronation is just hours away." She glanced about at her friends. "No doubt these ponies will aid us, but there's so many of them! And they're making quite a row!" Her eyes narrowed. "Are we certain they won't attract attention?"

"Did you see this place?" Donut Joe remarked. "We're deeper in this city than drunken botflies!" He smiled, shaking hooves with more and more assembling citizens. "Besides, all of Shindig's security is gathered in the top level. Whew! Boy do they have no idea what's gonna hit them!"

"Let's just make sure that we don't flatten the Cider Princess in the process," Gustave remarked. "After all of this hard work, it would be a shame to get out of here without her body intact, no?"

"Hey everypony!" Epcot rode in on a Filthy Rich's backside. She hopped up, bounced over a Sweetie Belle, and came to a grinning stop. "I just did a head count! We've got three hundred ponies 'awoken!'"

"Three hundred?!" Mulia gasped. "It was just at thirty an hour ago!"

"Heehee!" Epcot giggle-snorted. "I know, right? The numbers increase exponentially! Like alicorn fleas!"

Gustave grimaced. Alicorns had fleas?"

"You think immortal blood isn't tasty? What else did they escape the real world for?" Epcot rolled her purple eyes. "Anyways, if the Coronation is in two hours, I suspect we'll have half-a-thousand ponies on our side for when the proceedings begin. That should be enough to make something pretty snazzy happen!"

Donut Joe looked across the room. "You hear that, Leaves? Seems like we've actually got an edge."

Stu Leaves stared out a boarded window, his ears folded back.

Epcot wandered closely towards his side. "You don't seem to be a Whinnying Wallace right now. We could really use a Whinny Wallace, Mr. Red Rook."

"This should really be Rainbow Dash's charge to lead, not mine," Stu muttered. A sigh escaped his nostrils. "I just hope she's okay... even though I'm sure she's not."

"Rainbow's made it clear that time and time again, she'll do everything she can to save Applejack." Epcot winked. "Aside from Shindig, she's the one pony sure not to miss the Coronation."

"I know." Stu gulped. "Which makes me worried over the one reason why she would miss it."

Epcot fidgeted. Eventually, she leaned in and hugged Stu.

Stu shuddered at the receiving end of her fuzzy embrace. She looked back and spoke above the sound of the gathered mob. "Hugging me isn't going to make this situation any less sucky."

"No." Epcot shook her head, nuzzling Stu. "But it wouldn't hurt." She smiled. "And it wouldn't hurt to have some faith in Rainbow."

"Yeah..." Stu sighed. "She is awesome... isn't she?" A faint grin.

"I was going to say 'adorable,'" Epcot said.

"You're cute enough to be forgiven." Stu patted her shoulder, then limped off towards the crowd. "Alright... time to aim this civilian scepter at Shindig..."

PreviousChapters Next