• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,724 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,724

PreviousChapters Next
Not Actually Pathetic, But an Incredible Simulation

"Wee-hee-hee-heeeeee!" Rainbow Dash teetered as she and four other equines marched out of the pub. "Y'know what? HIC! At first... at f-first I doubted you girls, but this... heeheehee..." Her eyes rolled as she sauntered left... then right... then left again. "This 'thinking about everything else but Applejack' idea is actually kinda working for me! I'm already seeing the light! HIC! Well... I'm seeing multiple lights... colors, really... and all of them with purple trunks."

"But Rainbow!" Caramel pouted. "You just said her name out loud!"

"The joke is, they're not really purple elephants!" Rainbow teetered. "Just Twilight Sparkle going on vacation! Heeheehee! Move over, Pinkie!"

"Yowsers, she's pissed," Lyra droned.

"Ah jeez..." Vinyl winced. "We're not gonna have to catapult her into her house again, are we?"

"Rainbow, darling?" Bon Bon trotted closer under starlight and cricket song. "Are you going to be safe on the way back home?"

"Pffft... HIC! What's to be scared of?" Rainbow teetered and teetered some more. "It's only a barely paid-for fart cloud in the sky that can collapse at any time!" She burped, then flapped her wings. "Excuse me. Awesomeness coming through."

"Oh no..." Caramel winced. "Rainbow! Don't drink and glide!"

"Why else—HIC—do they call it 'being a barfly!'"

"Wish I brought my microphone with me." Lyra snickered. "This crud is classic."

"Oh Lyra..." Bon Bon rolled her eyes then looked Rainbow's way. "Let us walk you home, Rainbow. Maybe you'll consider what we said about Vinyl?"

"What about her?" Rainbow briefly frowned. "I'm not—HIC—interested in her. Besides, she's asymmetrical."

"Close enough," Vinyl droned.

"That means she only dates other symmetries... hehehe..." Rainbow tried to yawn, but bumped into a tree. "Ow! But hey! Whatever floats your butt!"

"How come we never get as sloshed as her?" Caramel remarked.

"For one, not all of us drink sissy pina coladas," Lyra said. "For another..." She gestured. "Rainbow is Queen Hopeless Extraordinaire of the Romance Kingdom."

Rainbow nuzzled a tree branch. "Heeeeeee... bark, Winona! Bark! Hahahaha... whewwww..." She blinked blearily. "I could use a drink. When's the pub open?"

"It just closed, Rainbow," Vinyl said. "Your tab's through the stratosphere."

"Hey. That's a place I'd like to visit. The stratosphere. HIC!" Rainbow squinted over her shoulder. "Wasn't somepony yammering on and on about a vacation or somecrap?"

"They were." Bon Bon smiled. "But that's in the past. What's important is that you go home and get some rest."

"Uh huh..."

"Promise you'll make a bee-line there?"

"Uh huh... ..."

"Good." Bon Bon waved as she and the others went their separate ways. "And remember, Rainbow Dash, it wouldn't hurt to expand your horizons!"

"Hmmmmm... horizons..." Rainbow Dash shuffled east towards her house. She hummed to herself, smiling dizzily. "If we drink it... HIC... we can do it..."

PreviousChapters Next