• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,721 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,721

PreviousChapters Next
At Death's Door

"You did it, brother!" Flim yelped, though barely anypony heard him.

All eyes were locked on the Cider Princess as she flew through the dark door.

Rainbow Dash's eyes shrank to pinpricks and she could only stumble forward. Her wings flexed—

"Hrkkk!" Suddenly, Stu Leaves was there, diving through the doorframe. He reached in deep, his body sizzling from head to tail from the proximity to the blackness beyond. Nevertheless, he jerked in place, anchored to something. "Mmmmfnnghh... graaaaugh!" He yelped in pain, but nevertheless pulled and tugged and leaned back. As he stumbled his way back from the door, everypony could see his fetlock gripped around a dainty orange limb.

Rainbow exhaled in mixed relief and horror.

"He's got her!" Epcot shouted. "He's holding her within the dream realm!"

"No..." Flam sat up, snarling. "No, that can't possibly be—!" WHAM! Rainbow Dash punched him savagely across the face.

She turned and looked at the door once again.

Stu winced and heaved. The forces of darkness overwhelmed him, and he slumped forward—not once letting go of Apple Jewell.

FWOOOSH! Rainbow Dash lunged forward. She braced her lower legs against the black frame and clutched Stu's body with both forelimbs. The contact with the door burned to the touch, but she nevertheless held her place as she pulled him back in by the waist.

"Hrnnnghhh! Come on... you g-got her..." She clenched her tearing eyes shut. Rainbow's body warped and shifted from the devouring tug of the forces beyond the door. Still, with loyal persistence, she was able to pull Stu's body back into the dreamscape. "Just hold on... don't let go... don't you dare let go, Stu!"

"Wouldn't... mfrmmgnngh... dr-dream of it...!" He whimpered. He repositioned his hooves to grip Apple Jewell's shoulders, holding her even tighter.

However, as they pulled the Cider Princess back out, there was something paler about her. The mare's complexion was blank, and her eyes had rolled back. The earth pony's dainty body had been reduced to a limp ragdoll, with only a slight twitch to her tail to indicate any sort of conscious resistance to the circumstances at hoof.

"Stop them!" Flim hollered. He got up on his hooves and galloped to the scene. "Stop them! They're ruining everyth—" Donut Joe's hoof flew into his chest. As the unicorn stumbled forward, Joe then uppercutted him to the fractured stage.

Huffing and puffing, Donut rushed over and gripped Rainbow's flank. Gustave and Mulia soon joined in. With a combined grunt, the group yanked and pulled, finally ripping Apple Jewell loose from death's pull.

"Ooomff!" Rainbow sprawled across the stage. Everypony rolled off in opposite directions, including Apple Jewell and Stu Leaves.

For a second, everything was hyperventilating breaths and dizziness. When Rainbow's vision finally returned, she saw nothing but rippling blue nothingness overhead, almost as bleak and dismal as the emptiness that loomed outside beyond the door.

With a groan, she sat up, looking all around her. Only the Ampitheatre was all that remained of Philanthropy. The dream had collapsed to a tight sphere around where the door was nestled. A few feet away from the portal, lying limp and motionless, was Apple Jewell.

Stifling a whimper, Rainbow crawled towards the mare's side and gently turned her over.

PreviousChapters Next