• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,724 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,724

PreviousChapters Next
The Mad Dashie Project

An hour later...

"They're hiding out in Los Alamules?!" Rainbow's voice cracked.

"Shhhhhhhh!" Listing Breeze crouched behind a rock, overlooking a deep arid valley with tiny tents and dilapidated buildings forming gray dots in the desert distance. "Keep it down, will ya?!"

"Listing, the Hump Gang can't hear me. Nopony but you can hear me. So hear me!" Rainbow fumed, hovering with her forelimbs planted against her hips. "Are you out of your friggin' pony mind?! How could you possibly be dealing with these numb-nuts here?!"

"Shhh! Booger!" Listing snarled.

"And I do mean numb-nuts! Have you any idea what went down in this place?!" Rainbow flung her forelimbs towards the horizon. "Twilight told me all about it! Ages ago, Princess Celestia came to Los Alamules and tested her solar powers on a bunch of Tartarusian artifacts! She was trying to invent a new banish spell since the Elements of Harmony had vanished along with Nightmare Moon! For... like... years she came here and blasted and blasted this stinkin' valley with her super powerful solar death horn! If there's anypony living here, I can bet you they have more than two eyes at this point!"

"Rnnngh!" Listing yanked Rainbow down by her tail.

"Hey!" Rainbow frowned, collapsing limply by her side. "What's the big idea—" A red hoof pressed over her muzzle.

Listing frowned. "That was ages ago, Rainbow. The side effects of Celestia's magical tests are long gone. Besides..." She peered over the rocks, staring at the valley below. "The members of the Hump Gang have been operating out of this place for years. They seem okay."

"Oh yeah? Got any personal examples?"

"Sure. Their old boss." Listing cleared her throat. "He lived up to the ripe old age of thirty-three."

Rainbow face-hoofed. "That's not a healthy pony lifespan, Listing."

"Well, maybe it's a healthy mule lifespan."

"How would you know?"

"A fat load more than you."

"By what? Spying from them on these rocks?"

"No. I've snuck into their camp multiple times."

"You—snkkkt..." Rainbow winced. "Listing!" she hissed. "How many times are you gonna poke the bear before you realize it's the hairy mole of a sleeping dragon!"

"Wow. With analogies like that, your new friends must really suck." Listing chuckled. "Who's this egghead you keep mentioning? 'Twiggy Spunkle?'"

"Twilight Sparkle—"

"Is she he hot?"

"What?! No! I mean... maybe... I-I mean..." Rainbow shook her head. "Stop changing the subject! Now tell me... how many times have you bumped heads with these morons?"

"Enough to know that they protect their land very carefully," Listing growled. "So finding a way to snatch the money back will be tough. They've got all vantage points of Los Alamules covered."

"Yeah. Can't be too hard with the mutant antennae they've grown."

"Are you still on about that?"

"I can't believe I'm still talking to you..."

"Las Pegasus is a short flight away for a spry pegasus like you," Listing said. "But then you'd be missing out on all the fun."

"You forgot the part where they string you up by your ovaries and set you on fire."

"See? I don't even have to try anymore."

Rainbow sighed. "Okay... just... for the sake of a future anecdote... fill me in." She glared lethargically at Listing. "What... precisely... is your game plan here with the Hump Gang..."

PreviousChapters Next