• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,724 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,724

PreviousChapters Next
Blood Hungry

"Romulus, you damned bird!" a suited stallion gnashed his teeth. "Is this some kind of a joke?!"

"Believe me." Romulus' good eye glinted as he stood with his front talons crossed. "I did not trek all the way through a dark cave full of spiders to tell a joke."

"You call this tracking a petite pegasus?!" The thug retorted. "You've teleported us into the middle of nowhere!" He stomped his hoof, then turned back towards the portal. "Come on, boys. Let's go back and tell the Don that he's been led on another wild goose chase."

"Hold your hooves, ya stupid ponies!" Top Dog barked. He sniffed at the air, sniffed again, then said: "These scents are all very strange to me, and there's no wind from the east."

"What in Tartarus' name is that supposed to mean, you crazy mutt?!"

"Can't you tell?!" Top Dog's grizzled brow furrowed. "We are no longer in Equestrian territory." He slapped his staff against the gravel. "Even this earth is stale. Untainted by living paws." He slowly shook his head. "No, the only intelligent beasts who stalk this land do so from the air."

"You mean..." Flim's eyes narrowed. "Like dragons?"

"The pegasus is nearing the lair of Aatxe," Sunset Shimmer said. "And when she gets there, we'll stage an ambush, seizing all of the shards that are left."

"And when you're done..." Flam cocked his head aside, squinting suspiciously. "...you'll teleport us back to the Don, right?"

"Yes. Of course." Sunset rolled her eyes. "And then we'll divy up the chaotic power amongst ourselves. It's like we've discussed!"

"We know what we've discussed," one thug grumbled, marching forward and adjusting his tie. "But how do you even know that this... Rainbow Dash is nearing her destination? For all we know, you've just stranded us out in the middle of nowhere!"

"So long as Sunset Sorceror here is in possession of the crystals, then no one is stranded," Romulus said.

"But—"

"Have some damn faith in us, you sniveling whiner!" Romulus spat, making the mobsters jolt. "Goddess above! The only reason I work with you imbeciles is because your boss pays so well!"

"He's going to want an update," another thug said. "What should we tell him once we've sent one of our members back?"

"Tell him that we're all tailing the pegasus now," Romulus said. "And the moment she spots a dragon—and they spot her—we'll make our first move. Those shards are as good as his."

"I... think he's going to want a bit more specifics than that."

"He'll get more, I promise you." Romulus' eye glinted. "He'll get a drop of her blood." He raised a talon, hissing to the group. "We'll all get to make the pegasus pay!"

The criminals and henchstallions collectively cheered. Squidgy spun around in his jar, flickering with bright emerald fury.

"I have a question, griffon." Top Dog shuffled up, followed by a pair of his canine cronies. "Who gets to collect the head?"

"Screw the head," Sunset Shimmer spat. "I want her heart!" She smiled wickedly. "I intend to put a transmogrification spell on it... drop it in on her friends while they're having a tea party... make them watch as the last piece of Rainbow Dash flitters away into moths!"

"Patience... patience!" Romulus smarled, raising a talon. "We will all get her blood in due time. But first... the shards."

"You're certain she's still intent on grabbing them herself?" Flam asked.

"Absolutely." Romulus turned about, peeking to look over the hill of gravel at their distant target. "After all... she's got a talking piece of the pie to keep her pathetic flank company..."

PreviousChapters Next