• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,724 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,724

PreviousChapters Next
Roadtrippery

There was no sleeping that night, not even for the likes of Mulia, Gustave, or Donut Joe. Between police questions, interpony conversations, and the sheer ghastly sight of the collapsed cider mill, everyone involved with the dream stayed up well into the early morning. It was with a sullen shuffle that they eventually left Shindig Soils. The local authorities found a friendly hotel where the group could be sequestered, and eventually—over the next two days—they found the time to relax.

There was more questioning to be had, this time involving a group of unicorn investigators who had ridden down fom Atlantrot. Much inquiry was made about the dark chalice that was now in Fillyda police custody. Stu Leaves and Applejack told them as much as they knew about the sons of Shindig, their plans, and their accomplice Silver Shill. Rainbow Dash also informed them, keeping her tone subtle and discrete, then thanking her lucky stars that the investigators failed to ask about the possession of a chaos shard... much like the one she had hidded and nestled in her saddlepack.

Once that was done, it was time for the eeriest thing yet: a parting of ways. Applejack, Stu, and Rainbow bade an emotional farewell to the likes of Mulia, Gustave, and Donut Joe. It was too early to guess the financial repercussions of what Shindig's "invitation" had done to their businesses, but Applejack and Rainbow both pledged to use their connections back in Ponyville to try giving the three bakers a leg-up. The trio expressed their gratitude and left, appearing suitably cheerful—perhaps at being alive and not dreaming.

The same enthusiasm made the first half of the ride north more bearable for Rainbow and her friends. During the second half, Rainbow's lethargy caught up with her. She had consumed most of the medicine that Zecora and Noir had provided, and her legs were starting to fail her. If she had any hopes of appearing like a sane, healthy pegasus, then she had to consume the last container that was left. This mean lazing around and not lending a hoof much when it came to drawing the wagon through Atlantrot and beyond.

Not that it mattered: both she and Stu Leaves got plenty of breaks. It turned out that—after the whole ordeal—Applejack had gotten a fresh wind. In fact, she seemed far livelier and stronger than ever, and she pulled the wagon for the bulk of the journey almost as a way of showing her gratitude for the lengths her friends had gone through to drag her out of her enchanted situation. Applejack talked a lot—as well as hummed and smiled and chuckled. It brought many a smile to Rainbow's face, so that—by the time they had gotten back to Ponyville—she hardly realized how many days had gone by.

PreviousChapters Next