• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,723 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,723

PreviousChapters Next
Round Up the Gang... No, Not That Gang

"See?" Caramel pointed at a bright patch of sky above a hilltop on the east side of town. "It's totally gone!"

Vinyl Scratch lifted her shades so she could squint with her naked eyes.

"Not a single trace of it left!" Caramel's voice cracked. "It's like it was never there at all!"

"... ... ...you sure this was the spot?"

"Yes, Vine! See? Look!" Caramel turned to gesture at the hilltop. "That's where we once set up that makeshift catapult... uh... thingy to launch her onto her front stoop! And over there?" She pointed at a stretch of trees. "That's where Rainbow would often hang her laundry out to dry!"

"When has she ever done laundry... much less hung it out to dry?" Vinyl asked.

"Look..." Caramel shrank in place, blushing slightly. "...I have clothes-senses, okay?"

Vinyl sighed heavily. "...this is nuts."

"I know, right?!" Caramel exclaimed. "I looked all over town for Rainbow, but I couldn't find her! Where in Equestria would she have moved her house?"

"It wasn't moved," Vinyl said, suddenly pacing forward.

"Huh?" Caramel blinked.

"If this was Cloudsdale, then maybe it would have been relocated. But this far from a pegasus maretropolis?" Vinyl shook her head. "I'm pretty sure it was dissolved."

"Dissolved?"

"Mmmm... so that the moisture that made up the once-hard cloudstone could be re-used elsewhere. Here. Look." Vinyl stooped low, brushing her hooves over several brown-tinged blades of grass. "Mana burns... in a perfect rectangle."

"What's... that supposed to mean?"

"I think an evaporation machine was used here," Vinyl said. "I've seen them used before in Mareami. They can convert an entire apartment of cloudstone into malleable mist—well... malleable to pegasi at least."

"You mean..." Caramel's jaw dropped. "...Rainbow Dash had her home razed to the ground?!"

"Mmmmhmmm." Vinyl stood back up. "Or in this case, to the sky."

"But... but that's insane! Do you know what this means?!" Caramel shivered in place. "She's leaving! Ponyville's most loyal pegasus is actually leaving town for good!"

"If that's the case..." Vinyl sighed, pivoting to face Caramel once again. "...then why is she joining Ponyville's very own Equestrian Marathon?"

Caramel blinked.

"Something's wrong... very wrong," Vinyl said. "And from the sound of it, Rainbow Dash is flopping all over the place."

"But... b-but I can't find her anywhere now!" Caramel fidgeted. "Oh Vinyl... what are we going to do?"

"That depends."

"On what?"

Vinyl trotted towards the outskirts of town. "On who 'we' constitutes."

"Huh?"

"Come along." Vinyl motioned with a fetlock. "Time to shake up a pair of lovebirds' nest."

"Hoboy..."

PreviousChapters Next