• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,720 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,720

PreviousChapters Next
Meanwhile...

Knock Knock Knock!

Vinyl's head bobbed and bobbed. Her horn glowed, turning one of several knobs on an elaborate sound board in front of her.

Knock Knock Knock Knock!

Vinyl licked her lips, ears twitching to a beat as she continued to bob in place. Her hooves swept over a turntable, flipping another record in place.

Knock knock knock knock knock knockkkkk!

"...?" Vinyl froze in place. She sat up straight... finally lowering the headphones from her skull. Arching an eyebrow over her shades, she spun around in her desk chair, landed on the floor, then trotted across her apartment.

At last, she reached the door and opened it. A light-brown hoof nearly punched her with how heavily it was about to knock.

"Eeep!" Caramel jumped back with a gasp. Holding a hoof over his delicate chest, the stallion breathed. "Vinyl! Somehow, I knew you were home! How'd you finally hear my knocking?"

"The moment I realized that there was no annoying thumping sound in the middle of a Lady Gallop studio mix." The unicorn's white brow furrowed. "What's the matter? You're so breathless. Is there a clearance at Carousel Boutique again?"

Caramel gulped. "No, Vinyl. This is serious."

"Ah. A going-out-of-business-sale, then?"

"Vine!" Caramel stomped his hoof, pouting. "It's Rainbow Dash! I think something's wrong..."

"Hrmmmf..." Vinyl leaned back, forelimbs crossed. "Care to be more specific?"

"Well, she joined the Equestrian Marathon yesterday..."

"Somehow, I figured she would."

"But... I-I get the feeling she isn't in the right... health for that."

"Physically or mentally?"

"Uhm... b-both?" Caramel grimaced. "She was carrying saddlebags full of random stuff. At first, I didn't really understand what for... or think about it twice for that matter. I mean... it isn't like the mare to shop."

"Compared to your standard, it isn't like anypony."

"Anyways, I got worried about her. So I thought I'd stop by her place and pay a visit. But... uhm..." Caramel fumbled for words.

"What?" Vinyl cocked her head aside. "Just get to the point already."

"Do... cloud homes tend to move?"

"Uhm... no." Vinyl shook her head. "At least, I don't think so. But I'm no expert on pegasus real estate."

"Vinyl... it's... it's g-gone," Caramel stammered.

"What's gone?"

"Rainbow Dash's house."

"... ... ..."

Caramel's ears drooped worriedly.

Without a word, Vinyl stepped out of her apartment and locked the door behind her. She marched off at a brisk pace.

Caramel blinked after the mare. "Wh-where are you going?"

"Show me," Vinyl grunted. "I need to see this for myself."

"Uh... s-sure thing!" Caramel stumbled after her.

"Somehow..." Vinyl shuddered, trotting down the street. "...I get the feeling we all should have seen this coming."

PreviousChapters Next